Room Reservations Coordinator
Posted January 27, 2023
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Ensures the smooth and efficient operations in the department through prompt, effective and proper reservations service to achieve maximum room revenue in order to meet or exceed the revenue target amongst properties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Having knowledge of entire Reservation Procedure according to Property Management System.
- Responsible for Hotel and Local Reservations
- Handling of correspondences, sorted - out letters, fax, emails
- Ensure daily tasks on checklist are completed based on business demands
- Review reservations booked daily
- Review arrival report daily
- Responsible for recording Company/Travel Agent Rates both in system and correspondence file
- Assist in identifying Top Producing Accounts to ensure proper recognition by front office
- Knowledgeable in hotel and guest room facilities/services across company portfolio
- Must maintain superior performance of phone etiquette
- Ensure special handling of repeats guest and very VIP guest
- Monitors and coordinates group reservations activity
- Follows up tentative bookings and update reservation status
- Reviews no-show and cancelled reservations and processes charges according to hotel’s policy
- Review room blocking for Long Stay. Suites and special group request
- Maintain cordial relations with commercial clients
- Responsible for maintaining a Neat and Orderly position at all times
- In general, perform any other duties might requested by Front Office Manager or Room Division Manager from properties
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum 1 years' experience in the Hospitality Industry.
- Degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate curriculum and considerable experience related to this class of work including some supervisory experience.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Medium work- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
We participate in E-Verify
Wincome Hospitality is a division of Wincome USA, a family-owned real estate investment, development, and management ﬁrm based in Anaheim, California. Originally founded by Paul Chan back in 1988, the firm has been recently passed down to his son, Mark Chan. With over 30 years’ experience in the OC area, the original investments included a mixed portfolio of apartment buildings and oﬃce space both locally and in the greater Dallas region. As with most successful real estate investments, location is king which led Paul Chan to acquire a small boutique hotel located on Harbor Boulevard, directly across from the main entrance to Disneyland. This acquisition marked Wincome’s entry into the hospitality space (thereby creating Wincome Hospitality) and changed the course of the company for the next 30 years.
The original small boutique hotel came to be known as The Carousel Inn and Suites and was a trend setter for the market during the mid-90s once Wincome hired a General Manager by the name of Paul Sanford. Sanford, having recently left a successful career in Hawaii to finish his MBA at Pepperdine, brought world renown service culture from the islands to this boutique hotel. This mix of service and location led to over two decades of success at this property and helped Wincome establish its footprint in the Anaheim Hotel market.
Wincome expanded the hotel portfolio in 1998 by purchasing three smaller hotels on West Katella Avenue that had long been overlooked and rundown by their former owners. Mr. Chan had a vision of taking the three separate spaces and combining the properties to form a unique resort like atmosphere unlike any other in the Anaheim Resort District. After a multi-year renovation, the vision was realized when the site reopened as the Anabella Hotel in 2001.
2010 marked Wincome’s first venture into the luxury four-diamond market when they bought the Wyndham Hotel in Costa Mesa. The property undertook a $20 million renovation to which it received its first four-diamond award in 2013. The property officially rebranded in 2016 as the Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, originally a Starwood brand but now under Marriott’s portfolio. Having since won multiple service, design and hotel awards, Wincome was able to take another forgotten property and turn it into a market leader.
Riding off the success of Avenue of the Arts and now headed by Paul Chan’s son Mark, Wincome started the next phase of their company in 2015 when they sold the Carousel to Walt Disney Parks & Resorts to facilitate Disney’s Eastern Gateway project. In 2016, they purchased an oﬃce building at 888 Disneyland Drive—leasing the building to tenants as well as setting up their corporate headquarters. They also acquired the Anaheim Plaza Hotel, a 9-acre site located on Harbor Boulevard, and converted it to The Anaheim Hotel, a three-diamond property.
Wincome is known for unique location based hotels that mix elevated design with our signature sophisticated sincere service. Our passionate staff’s mission is to exceed expectations and create remarkable experiences for our guests.
As a family-owned business, Wincome Hospitality is dedicated to Elevating the Experience through the values of customer service, a true partnership with our team members, and deep connections to the communities in which we do business.