Corporate Staff Accountant
Posted January 27, 2023
JOB OVERVIEW: A key member of accounting staff that manages the finance and accounting of a hotel property. Work with the corporate team and the property level managers to ensure key deadlines are met. Audit daily system transactions for reporting accuracy and prepare revenue report for distribution to department managers. Support payroll and benefits department
- Audit financial and operational transactions for accuracy and report discrepancies immediately to Assistant Controller/Controller.
- Prepare daily revenue report and distribute to department managers no later than 10:00am Monday through Friday.
- Audit occupancy taxes, TID assessment and sales taxes on a daily basis. Reconcile accounts and correct discrepancies.
- Reconcile all company bank accounts monthly and submit along with void check and bad debt reports.
- Reconcile invoices against ledgers or schedules to ensure accuracy of invoicing.
- Assist in the monthly close process by posting journal entries that are related to daily/monthly responsibilities.
- Cross-Train in other areas within the Accounting Department including Accounts Payable.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, audit shift, weekends and holidays as required.
- Spend 30 to 60 minutes of one on one time with each department manager once a month to discuss training and development, which will be documented and followed up the following month.
- Spend time each month working in each key department with Staff to understand current operations for Front Office, Maintenance, Housekeeping, Reservations and Food and Beverage.
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all Balance Sheet accounts.
While performing the duties of this job it may require to:
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use fingers and hands for keyboard and arms to reach
- High school diploma.
- Five years experience in various accounting functions in a hotel operation.
We participate in E-Verify
Wincome Hospitality is a division of Wincome USA, a family-owned real estate investment, development, and management ﬁrm based in Anaheim, California. Originally founded by Paul Chan back in 1988, the firm has been recently passed down to his son, Mark Chan. With over 30 years’ experience in the OC area, the original investments included a mixed portfolio of apartment buildings and oﬃce space both locally and in the greater Dallas region. As with most successful real estate investments, location is king which led Paul Chan to acquire a small boutique hotel located on Harbor Boulevard, directly across from the main entrance to Disneyland. This acquisition marked Wincome’s entry into the hospitality space (thereby creating Wincome Hospitality) and changed the course of the company for the next 30 years.
The original small boutique hotel came to be known as The Carousel Inn and Suites and was a trend setter for the market during the mid-90s once Wincome hired a General Manager by the name of Paul Sanford. Sanford, having recently left a successful career in Hawaii to finish his MBA at Pepperdine, brought world renown service culture from the islands to this boutique hotel. This mix of service and location led to over two decades of success at this property and helped Wincome establish its footprint in the Anaheim Hotel market.
Wincome expanded the hotel portfolio in 1998 by purchasing three smaller hotels on West Katella Avenue that had long been overlooked and rundown by their former owners. Mr. Chan had a vision of taking the three separate spaces and combining the properties to form a unique resort like atmosphere unlike any other in the Anaheim Resort District. After a multi-year renovation, the vision was realized when the site reopened as the Anabella Hotel in 2001.
2010 marked Wincome’s first venture into the luxury four-diamond market when they bought the Wyndham Hotel in Costa Mesa. The property undertook a $20 million renovation to which it received its first four-diamond award in 2013. The property officially rebranded in 2016 as the Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, originally a Starwood brand but now under Marriott’s portfolio. Having since won multiple service, design and hotel awards, Wincome was able to take another forgotten property and turn it into a market leader.
Riding off the success of Avenue of the Arts and now headed by Paul Chan’s son Mark, Wincome started the next phase of their company in 2015 when they sold the Carousel to Walt Disney Parks & Resorts to facilitate Disney’s Eastern Gateway project. In 2016, they purchased an oﬃce building at 888 Disneyland Drive—leasing the building to tenants as well as setting up their corporate headquarters. They also acquired the Anaheim Plaza Hotel, a 9-acre site located on Harbor Boulevard, and converted it to The Anaheim Hotel, a three-diamond property.
Wincome is known for unique location based hotels that mix elevated design with our signature sophisticated sincere service. Our passionate staff’s mission is to exceed expectations and create remarkable experiences for our guests.
As a family-owned business, Wincome Hospitality is dedicated to Elevating the Experience through the values of customer service, a true partnership with our team members, and deep connections to the communities in which we do business.