The role of VIP Ambassador is to connect with our designated guests and capture pertinent information to customize the ultimate luxury guest experience that is tailored to their need's prior, during and at departure of their stay. The VIP Ambassador role will include but not limited to reaching out to all designated guests 7 days prior to arrival, prepare any special needs or preferences they may have. This role is expected to confirm or obtain reservation details such as arrival time, billing arrangements, or any special services or stay requests. The VIP Ambassador will manage and maintain guest profiles ensuring that all preferences and information is complete and accurate. The standard for this role is to be organized, resourceful, and well-versed with all hotel services, amenities, outlets, general property information, key tourist attractions in Orange County and specifics regarding the surrounding area.
VIP Ambassador Responsibilities
- Serves as a luxury host for the hotel by creating instant rapport with guests through genuine interactions.
- Coordinate and Confirm with all designated departments to fulfill VIP guest preferences, needs and requests.
- Personally welcome the VIP guest upon arrival and schedules designated Department heads to join as needed.
- Proficient knowledge of using property management software including related programs to meet task goals.
- Required to perform accurate and seamless guest check-ins / check-outs, manage profiles, reservations, and requests.
- Fully conversant on accommodation features: layout, room type, location, decor, in room facilities and equipment.
- Fully aware of standard operating procedures for all electrical and electronic equipment in the guest room.
- Required to keep designated departments informed about guest allergies, food preferences and stay arrangements.
- Serves the guests in a composed, calm, discrete, professional, and courteous manner, respecting timing standards.
- Supports and works in other departments: Front Desk, Housekeeping, Valet, Service Express and Room Service.
- Maintain safe and clean work areas, public spaces, department outlets, guest property and rooms throughout the day.
- Performs all his/her duties with the sense of priority, accuracy and dedication by established deadlines.
- Introduces, offers and suggestions of all available onsite services, amenities, and products to enhance their stay.
- Sets up and facilitates a creative fond farewell, luggage assist and transportation for departure.
- Takes notes of all the information, updates and instruction and giving proper handover before signing off from the shift.
- Attends and contributes to all meetings, Departmental and Hotel training as scheduled and other related activities.
- Adhere and have a complete understanding of the Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Creates and ensures a welcomed environment where flawless delivery and execution of service excellence is paramount.
- Responsible for posting charges, settling folios and assisting with due outs communicated through Housekeeping.
- Work with Rooms Controller to place rooms Out of Order and Out of Service room’s inventory following up with departments such as Housekeeping Engineering and Front Desk and updating Revenue Management team.
- Activate room keys. Secure valid payment. Block rooms in the computer and identify designated requirements and requests (e.g., guaranteed room types, special requests, VIP's, early arrivals, guest recognition).
- Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy.
- Ensures the timely delivery of all messages, mail and packages left for guests and departments within the Hotel.
- Assist with the control of safe deposit transactions.
- Works closely with Department Leaders to ensure that all contracted, complimentary, or high-end amenity offerings are provided in a timely manner that is consistent with the agreed upon arrangements.
- Empowered to ensure guests’ problems/complaints are resolved in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Demonstrates friendly and ethical demeanor to our guests, both internal and external at all times.
- Adheres to all regulatory, company or department policies and procedures while on property or representing elsewhere.
- Working knowledge of Guest Services and Concierge operations and be able to perform duties - offer suggestions and provides descriptive literature pertaining to trips, excursions, Resort events and hours of operations for Resort outlets
- Completes and not limited to all other duties assigned by the Director of Guest Services.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Handles guest problems and complaints efficiently, professionally and in a timely manner.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Displays leadership, exemplifying excellent service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest and employee relations.
Major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and at any time of day.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Using empowerment, be detail-oriented, independently able to problem solve and effectively assist a customer.
- Ensures clear and precise communication occurs in all areas of business objectives, assigned tasks and guest requests.
- Ensure knowledge of and facilitates brand required programs are represented properly.
- Communicates with key departments (Housekeeping, Engineering, Food & Beverage, Reservations, Sales and Front Desk) to ensure luxury 4 Diamond guest experience from pre-arrival to departure.
- Respond to all guests’ requests, problems and concerns presented in person or through comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Complete all duties and checklists daily and ensure your supervisor or DOGS checks completion.
- Ensure Marriott Rewards account number is associated with frequent guests accounts and enroll those guests are not already members.
- Use proper phone, email, text, chats, and two-way radio etiquette when communicating with guests or other employees.
- Fully comprehend and be able to effectively operate all relevant aspects of the Marriott or Front Desk computer systems.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in luxury guest service (4-5 Diamond, 4-5 Stars) highly preferred.
- Required to consistently create, elevate, and execute memorable guest experiences by personalizing all guests stays.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, ADP, Lightspeed and GXP preferred.
- Knowledge of effective professional organizational practices and includes verbal and written communications.
- Ability to customize approaches to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interpret verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Dedicated team player and able to lead by example and motivate a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Expected to attend and network consistently within the Orange County hospitality community.
- Maintain exceptional attendance record and punctuality in compliance with department expectations and the company handbook policies.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance, professional grooming, which includes wearing uniform and nametags.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- High School diploma or GED; 2 years of experience in the Guest Services, Front Desk, or related professional area.
- Preferred Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management / Hospitality or Business Administration
- Experience in Luxury 4 Diamond Rated Hotel preferred
- Front Office Operations experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising and leading an operations team to revenue goal achievement
- Must be able to walk/stand for lengthy periods of time and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be fully available to work all scheduled shifts including workdays, mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift with occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Unassisted ascending or descending ladders, stairs, elevators, and ramps
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Able to communicate fluently and effectively in English both verbally and in writing. Bilingual candidates preferred.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Valid driver’s licenses required.
- Hospitality and Tourism issued awards or recognitions
We participate in E-Verify