A catering sales manager strategically identifies and coordinates all catering sales efforts of both corporate and social clientele. The job involves initiation and development of quality leads to ensure revenue growth and repeat guests.
The primary responsibility of a catering sales manager is to develop existing business and solicit new catering business through catering lead generation and qualification. The sales manager solicits new catering customers through traditional and non-traditional sales techniques, all while maintaining positive relationships with our repeat guests.
Other important duties include booking, selling, planning and coordinating all corporate and social (non- wedding) events while assuring the highest level of customer service reflective of a four-star Resort. Generating revenue, establishing new accounts, monitoring booking space, booking repeat business while keeping quality consistently high. The individual will conduct catering sales presentations, in person and over the phone sales calls also falls under the purview of a catering sales manager job.
- Actively solicit and book all types of catering business from various sources of leads; responds to incoming catering opportunities and proposals with-in 24 hours.
- Develop creative and attractive menu presentations for potential clients.
- Respond to all telephone and walk-in inquiries regarding catering space.
- Coordinate the sales efforts between sales department and catering to ensure proper utilization of function space to yield maximum revenues.
- Conduct site visits with potential clients.
- Negotiate with clients and achieve maximum revenue/profit potential while satisfying client needs.
- Finalize all bookings maximizing all revenue potential by up-selling in all revenue-producing areas.
- Meeting and exceeding assigned event goals.
- Keep team fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- The ability to coordinate with other departments to ensure quality of guest satisfaction.
- Fully coordinate, plan and create BEOs, Diagrams, Resumes and strategic production as needed per each booked event.
- Work directly with Banquets & Culinary teams on event details.
- Participates in BEO meetings & resume meetings.
- Understands food and beverage forecasting and attrition and can produce reports / results.
- Responsible for sleeping room projections and event revenue forecasting for his/her events.
- The ability to be fully versed in all banquet space, facilities and capabilities of competitive market.
- Review all function space with the Banquet Manager and Head House attendant in regards to any requirements for a group or function.
- Assist in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas to increase catering activity, volume and profit.
- Ability to identify and successfully close cold calls to definite bookings.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times to everyone.
- Achieve weekly prospecting and solicitation goals.
- Has knowledge of Food and Beverage basics with menu pairing.
- Ability to learn different software applications, Marriott CITY, Social Tables, Micros, etc.
- Embody mission, vision and values daily.
- Ensure success of each event.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by business demand.
EDUCATION & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Minimum of two (2) years previous Catering Sales and/or Event management experience.
- Strong selling and interpersonal skills.
- Cold Calling skills.
- Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite. CITY (preferred).
- Proven record of organization, detail-oriented, and able to make productive and efficient decisions.
- Prior 4 Star/Diamond rated hotel experience preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to make sound decisions immediately without supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Personable and friendly.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk around property throughout the day.
- Must be able to frequently use arms and hands to reach.
- Must be able to type at least 35 words per minute.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.