The PBX Operator is responsible for answering and routing all incoming telephone calls (internal and external), dispatching incoming guest request calls and following up to determine service standards have been met.
- Answer and process all calls in accordance with AAA 4 Diamond Service Standards.
- Operate Phone Console.
- Act as a source of information regarding the property, managing guest questions and concerns.
- Respond to Hotel staff and Guests during emergency situations.
- Process wake-up calls.
- Work as a dispatcher using Hotel radio system directing Housekeeping runners and follow up with guests to ensure satisfaction within established time lines.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned by Management.
- A minimum of one year customer service experience (PBX preferred) in a Resort Hotel
- Working knowledge of multi-line telephones
- Working knowledge of computers and Opera Property Management System
- Strong customer service skills
- Be able to assist Front Desk with Check-in, check-out and break coverage.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to type 30+ WPM.
- Able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of a second language is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to communicate in English, both written and oral.
- Able to fulfill guest requests in a timely manner and able to multitask dealing with several requests at a time
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English Language.
- Assist Reservations Department when needed.
- Ability to deal with high volume calls defusing guest concerns, properly identifying each and every call.
- Ensuring procedures are followed when dealing with safety and security issues.
- Assuring training practices are done correctly and followed per hotel policies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school degree or equivalent required. Call center experience preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amounts of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Flexible and long Hours sometimes required.
- The job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job’s functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
238 Room Hotel
AVENUE OF THE ARTS COSTA MESA, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO HOTEL
As a Tribute Portfolio hotel, we break beyond the typical hotel experience with eclectic arts-inspired design, inventive culinary creations and an ideal location in the Theater and Arts District close to fashion-hub South Coast Plaza. We celebrate the very best in human expression. And by doing so, create the perfect space to be the very best expression of yourself. Beyond captivating design, enjoy social scenes and sincere service dedicated to helping you make the most of every moment.