OVERVIEW: The Banquet Server is responsible for the set-up and serving of food and beverages to guests at all banquet functions, according to the hotel standards.
- Serve guests according to the hotel's standards in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner
- Know how to read the Banquet Event Order (BEO) and be familiar with the menu of the assigned function.
- Set all tables according to hotel standards
- Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and orderly manner, stocked with any any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food service functions
- Clean-up banquet space after the completion of the function and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and re-stocked properly.
- Prepare room according to BEO and the various meal functions
- Follow all money handling procedures when serving the guest
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times
- Comply at all times with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operation
This position requires:
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Must be available to work weekends
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations, including ability to handle guest objections and disputes to satisfactory results
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Bartending experience is a plus, but not required
We participate in E-Verify
Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
238 Room Hotel
AVENUE OF THE ARTS COSTA MESA, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO HOTEL
As a Tribute Portfolio hotel, we break beyond the typical hotel experience with eclectic arts-inspired design, inventive culinary creations and an ideal location in the Theater and Arts District close to fashion-hub South Coast Plaza. We celebrate the very best in human expression. And by doing so, create the perfect space to be the very best expression of yourself. Beyond captivating design, enjoy social scenes and sincere service dedicated to helping you make the most of every moment.