DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Host, you create the first impression with each guest and set the stage for their experience in the restaurant. From communicating accurate wait times to showing them to their tables, hosts are a critical part of the overall guest experience. You are responsible for greeting and seating guests, answering phones, and managing reservations.
- Provide a high level of hospitality to guests entering and leaving the restaurant by warmly acknowledge and greet guests as they arrive at the restaurant and make an effort to recognize regular guests.
- Escort and seat guests at an appropriate table, assist guest with special seating requirements.
- Answer the restaurant's phone and assist with guests' inquiries.
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work a variety of scheduled shifts, based on the needs of the restaurant volume.
- Continuous standing, walking and lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Handle guest complaints in a professional manner and notify management of any guest complaint.
- Assist servers with refilling beverages, delivering meals and pre-bussing tables.
- Ability to arrive to work on time.
- Assist guests, servers and cooks with the production and assembly of takeout orders.
- Previous restaurant experience preferred.
- Maintain an organized and accurate waiting list when immediate seating is not available.
- Present menus, the specials of the day and offer beverages to guests.
- Cash out guest's check by accurately processing various forms of payments and discounts.
- Protect restaurant guests by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol beverage control policies
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the manager at any time.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Maintain proper grooming and uniform standards.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four hours in length.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 50 pounds including, but not limited to, pots and pans and trays of food or food items, on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Bi-lingual preferred. Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- High school or equivalent education preferred
- Prior hospitality experience preferred
Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
238 Room Hotel
AVENUE OF THE ARTS COSTA MESA, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO HOTEL
As a Tribute Portfolio hotel, we break beyond the typical hotel experience with eclectic arts-inspired design, inventive culinary creations and an ideal location in the Theater and Arts District close to fashion-hub South Coast Plaza. We celebrate the very best in human expression. And by doing so, create the perfect space to be the very best expression of yourself. Beyond captivating design, enjoy social scenes and sincere service dedicated to helping you make the most of every moment.