The House Person role supports the room attendants and services public areas to maintain cleanliness throughout the hotel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sweep and wash floors, vacuum carpet, wash walls, dust furniture and fixtures and clean other surface areas of the hotel at the request of the Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Supervisors and Managers.
- Assist room attendants on assigned floors to strip room bedding, throw out trash, etc…
- Ensure linen closets on assigned floors have all necessary items for stocking of room attendant cart.
- Remove trash to loading dock/dumpster and remove trash and linen from cleaning carts.
- Clean escalators and elevator car and tracks
- Deliver miscellaneous goods and supplies to guest rooms and deliver linen and supplies to guest floors.
- Make up and deliver roll-away beds.
- Move furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
- Shampoo carpets as requested and/or scheduled by management.
- Special cleaning projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School or equivalent education preferred.
- Prior hospitality experience preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Must be able to speak and understand basic English.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds on a continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighting up to 250 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, hearing and visual acuity.
Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
238 Room Hotel
AVENUE OF THE ARTS COSTA MESA, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO HOTEL
As a Tribute Portfolio hotel, we break beyond the typical hotel experience with eclectic arts-inspired design, inventive culinary creations and an ideal location in the Theater and Arts District close to fashion-hub South Coast Plaza. We celebrate the very best in human expression. And by doing so, create the perfect space to be the very best expression of yourself. Beyond captivating design, enjoy social scenes and sincere service dedicated to helping you make the most of every moment.