Posted May 13, 2022
Responsible for maintaining the general condition of the property with regards to all aspects of basic electrical, carpentry, plumbing, mechanical, and painting work. Complete maintenance request work orders from all departments on a timely basis. Participate in the preventive maintenance program for all-building equipment and rooms. Complete other special projects assigned periodically by the Chief Engineer.
1. Minimum year(s) experience as a commercial electrician.
2. Working knowledge of all electrical supplies and equipment.
3. Knowledge of proper chemical handling and disposal.
4. Working knowledge of:
a) health codes
b) electrical codes
c) national/local fire codes
d) local mechanical codes
e) blue prints and wiring schematics
f) power and hand tools, meters, etc. as it relates to the technical trades
5. Provide legible communication and directions.
6. Compute math calculations.
7. Ability to:
Interpret manufacturer's literature for installation, preparation, use and upkeep of various materials and products used throughout the property.
Be well organized and follow instructions.
Focus attention on details.
Operate high reach lifts.
Prioritize tasks and comply with deadlines for work assignments.
Be a clear thinker and perform well under pressure work assignments.
Work and perform job functions with minimal supervision.
Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
8. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training.
2. Fluency in job related English, both verbal and non-verbal.
3. Certification or completion of seminars for specialized training.
4. Ability to perform basic carpentry skills.
1. Exert physical effort in transporting _____ (____pounds) to _____.
2. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
3. Reach ____ inches/feet.
4. Remain in stationary position for ____ minutes/hours throughout work shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
6. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
7. Receive daily work assignments from Chief Engineer/Supervisor and review priorities and special projects.
8. Organize materials, tools, and equipment to perform daily assignments.
9. Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program.
10. Check work orders and night report for any problems. Make rounds checking these problem areas and note any information needed or safety concerns in the hotel.
11. Schedule work in accordance with preventive maintenance program in rooms, coordinating with the Executive Housekeeper and Front Office.
12. Perform electrical work orders:
a) Replace light switches.
b) Reset circuit breakers.
c) Replace wall plug receptacles.
d) Replace fluorescent light ballast.
e) Replace electrical solenoid valve/switch.
f) Replace small motors.
g) Use test equipment; ohmmeter, voltage tester, and amp probe.
13. Perform plumbing work orders:
a) Unplug sinks, toilets, garbage disposals, and drain lines.
b) Repair or replace valves, gate, globe, ball, and solenoid valves/switch.
c) Replace washer, gaskets, vacuum breakers, and toilet seals.
d) Work with different types of pipe including conduit, copper, black, cast iron, and pipe hangers.
14. Perform Preventive Maintenance work orders:
a) Monitor and maintain all laundry and dry cleaning equipment.
b) Monitor and maintain all kitchen equipment.
c) Maintain guestrooms using Rooms Preventive Maintenance Program Punch List.
d) Change air-conditioning filters every months.
e) Check HVAC equipment; change filters, belts, bearings and lubricate as necessary. Also check for unusual noise or vibration, adjusting as necessary.
f) Change or repair locks as needed.
g) Cut and mark keys for guestroom key inventory.
h) Check and test-run emergency generator weekly.
15. Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas.
16. Assist electrician, carpenter, plumber, and painter in all phases of repair work.
17. Assist other engineering personnel as instructed by supervisor in regard to routine and preventive maintenance.
18. Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area to include:
b) Requisitions (receipt and storage)
c) Trash removal and clean up
19. Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance, and storage of all tools.
20. Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces.
21. Ensure security of any assigned keys.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assist with any special projects assigned.
2. Assist with rooms maintenance which includes replacement of switches, outlets, light bulbs, rewiring of lamps, and appliances, caulking bathtubs, and shower head replacement.
3. Assume the responsibilities of the Duty Engineer, which includes carrying the pager, conducting rounds, and checking building equipment.
4. Attend designated department and staff meetings.
5. Recommend energy saving ideas.
6. Recommend safety ideas; participates in fire prevention and other life safety programs.
7. Wipe down walls, clean, and paint as needed.
8. Repair furniture.
9. Build storage bins, shelves, etc.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees, or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
The company’s employment policy is “at-will”. Under the “at-will” policy, neither you nor the company is committed to continuing the employment relationship for any specific term. (Refer to employee handbook for details).
I have read, understand, and voluntarily commit myself to the general guidelines contained in this document. I also understand that this is only a basic description of my job and that it does not, nor is it intended to, outline all the specifics of the responsibilities which I may be expected to perform.
306 Room Hotel
The Anaheim Hotel is a three-diamond hotel located across the street from the exciting Disneyland® Resort and near the Anaheim Convention Center.
On nine acres of landscaped gardens, The Anaheim Hotel offers 306 rooms, an Olympic-sized pool and Jacuzzi, 6,800 square feet of flexible meeting space with banquet capabilities, on-site restaurant The Pizza Press, and lobby bar. The Anaheim Hotel is dedicated to providing superior service in a welcoming environment with a variety of amenities for your convenience and enjoyment. It’s more than just location; it's a great value.
The hotel is rooted in its mid-century modern heritage with modern sensibilities. Stay in spacious rooms designed for both comfort and convenience, with crisp white bedding. All of our inviting rooms overlook the grounds, many of which have a patio or balcony. Our two story buildings are located on an expansive nine acres of landscaped gardens and walkways. Enjoy ample and easy parking all around the hotel. Soak up the Southern California sun and relax by our Olympic size outdoor heated pool and spa.
Hosting an event? Take advantage of over 6,800 square feet of flexible meeting space to make your meeting, conference, or event both convenient and successful. Whether you’re planning a small meeting or large conference, our on-site catering staff can create impressive event menus to refresh your guests.
1700 S. Harbor Boulevard
Anaheim, CA 92802
Telephone (714) 772-5900