A IRD busser serves the hotel by ensuring the guest hallways are always free and clear of dirty dishes. Also, help with running food when necessary, adhering to sanitation and safety policies. Busser will occasionally serve food and beverages to patrons at tables. The busser must possess professionalism, is friendly and will strive to meet the highest standards of quality customer service.
- High School Diploma preferred
- Must have experience in high traffic guest service establishments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by guests.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information when working with high profile guests.
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
- Walking the guest room floors and collecting all IRD trays.
- Bring all dirty dishes/glasses, etc down to the dish room, and unload the carts accordingly.
- By constantly walking the floors to insure that no trays are left unattended on the floors.
- During down time, assist in prepping carts for service
- Placing and replacing silverware as needed.
- Stocking work area with supplies.
- Removing guests’ dirty dishes and utensils
- Delivering used dishes and utensils to the kitchen for cleaning
- Assisting dishwashers to scrape, stack, or load dishes into dishwasher as needed
- Assisting IRD servers when gets busy, being able to deliver orders when needed
- Following and maintaining all sanitation and safety procedures
- Assist with amenity deliveries, when needed.
While performing the duties of this job it will require to:
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Must be able to tolerate noise and vibration and a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, working on scaffolding and high places.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 40 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to push and pull up to 300lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment including hot boxes
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a guest service experience in a full-service hotel, restaurant or high-profile bar.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess a strict high level of high-quality standards & organization
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the service industry, policies and procedures to include sanitation.
- Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Micros and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be willing to sign and obey to non-disclosure agreements to maintain guests confidentiality
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Food Handler’s Certificate required by the County. TIPS training a plus.
We participate in E-Verify