Responsible for telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls. Process guest requests for wake-up calls, screening calls, room service orders and other requests related to placing or receiving telephone calls. Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns. Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly. Log all guest requests or issues into computer, contact appropriate individual or department (e.g. Bellperson, Housekeeping, Engineering, Room Service, Valet), and follow up with guest to ensure their request has been met to their satisfaction. Provide information to guests about room features, property amenities, and local areas of interest. Assist guests with accessing the internet. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
Service Express Agent Responsibilities
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- To follow all specified telephone procedures including correctly answering and transferring all incoming calls in a timely, courteous, and professional manner; forwarding messages to guests and managerial staff in a timely manner; correctly operating all features of the PBX switchboard; and adhering to posted standardized telephone greetings.
- To assist guests and staff, as requested, to place out-going calls.
- To actively promote guest use of the hotel services and facilities.
- To follow all specified procedures to properly perform routine job tasks; maintaining other PBX logs; updating staff message board, and delivering messages; preparing check-in packets; documenting and following up on guest complaints; following up on unanswered wake-up calls; following up on unsuccessful call transfers; handling mail; transferring relevant PBX information to the next shift; and tracking telephone problems, including their sources and resolution.
- To monitor the Daily Activity Calendar, message boards, and hotel/department bulletin boards on a daily basis, in order to maintain current awareness of changes in Service Express policies and procedures.
- To follow all specified procedures to complete the PBX packet on a daily basis, including all requested documentation or logs.
- To provide guests with information regarding local restaurants, activities, and points of interest, as requested.
- Be knowledgeable on room service menu options and work and communicate any room service orders to the room service department.
- Other duties as assigned
Maintaining Property Standards
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Communicate professionally at all times with guests, the client, and your teammates
- Smile and exude a pleasant and friendly demeanor
- Follow all Westin guidelines and Marriott standards and procedures
- Follow all departmental policies and procedures
Major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and at any time of day.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Ensure you are aware of all inhouse group activities, locations and times set
- Maintain a working knowledge of all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Be knowledgeable and provide information regarding hotel facilities, hours of operation, key personnel, special activities and functions in the resort as requested
- Provide directions to the resort from any location as requested
- Understand and follow all safety and emergency procedures
- Read all departmental memos and inform supervisor or manager of any information that is not clearly understood
- Report to the supervisor or manager any supplies that are needed or any safety concerns that need to be addressed
- Alert the following shift of any duties that have not been completed or of any pertinent information regarding special situations
- Assist other departments and other team members when necessary
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by department supervisor or manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- Previous Marriott Front office operations experience preferred.
- Ability to lead and participate as a member of a team
- Strong team player and able to motivate a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with the handbook policies.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Experience in 4 Diamond Rated Hotel preferred
- Must be able to walk/stand for long periods of time
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends & holidays
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
Able to communicate effectively in English/Spanish preferred, both verbally and in writing.
Able to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Valid Driver's License required
We participate in E-Verify