JOB OVERVIEW: The Assistant Restaurant Manager will be responsible for profitable operation of the restaurant division, developing the brand and identity for the operation, planning future goals, defining and enforcing customer service and product standards. Provides leadership and training which fosters a positive growth-oriented environment focused on exceptional customer service, revenue and profits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position sets specific goals and objectives for all the employees supervised. Establishes and communicates performance criteria to all employees. Establishes and reinforces specific performance goals with subordinate employees and provides timely feedback.
- Formally reviews and evaluates performance goals and objectives on a regular basis of all employees under your supervision.
- When appropriate and needed, disciplining and creating performance improvement plans for employees, and when necessary terminating employees under your supervision for performance related issues.
- Maintain proper staffing levels.
- Schedules direct report staff.
- Reviews with managers indirect staff schedules on a weekly basis to ensure business needs and budgeted levels are being met.
- Communicate with team members both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work, policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Provide timely, real-time to associates on service and operational standards; including feedback on even the smallest of service and operational details.
Assistant Restaurant Manager is responsible for identifying talent and providing the necessary training as positions open. Further responsibilities include filling any open positions with candidates who are qualified and understand the "standards of excellence" required of them. The Assistant Restaurant Manager assists in conducting ongoing training programs for new and existing management and hourly staff.
- Must participate in company events related to employees and community.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with hotel policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues or concerns.
While performing the duties of this job it will require to:
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Must be able to tolerate noise and vibration and a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, working on scaffolding and high places.
- Must be able to tolerate atmospheric conditions, such as fumes, orders, dust, mists, gasses and/or poor ventilation.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Heavy work – Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50lbs of force.
- Light work - Frequently lift and move up to 10lbs.
- Minimum of 3 years in hospitality as an experience food and beverage supervisor in a full-service hotel.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the hospitality industry, purchasing policies and procedures.
- Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Micros and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven record of organization, detail-oriented, and able to make productive and efficient decisions.
- Prior experience with 4 Diamond rated hotel preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
We participate in E-Verify
Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
238 Room Hotel
AVENUE OF THE ARTS COSTA MESA, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO HOTEL
As a Tribute Portfolio hotel, we break beyond the typical hotel experience with eclectic arts-inspired design, inventive culinary creations and an ideal location in the Theater and Arts District close to fashion-hub South Coast Plaza. We celebrate the very best in human expression. And by doing so, create the perfect space to be the very best expression of yourself. Beyond captivating design, enjoy social scenes and sincere service dedicated to helping you make the most of every moment.