The Food and Beverage Sales Coordinator is dedicated to providing exemplary service in order to create lasting and favorable memories. This position ensures the complete coordination of all Outlet events hosted in the hotel. Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high-level service throughout the pre-event, event and post-event phases, while promoting the company’s core service standards and brand attributes; supports the company’s sustainability initiatives and platform; and manages the operations by maintaining a positive, forward-thinking, and safe environment. As a Food & Beverage Coordinator you are also responsible to support the Food & Beverage Management in the day-to-day operation by performing administrational and operational tasks.
- Primarily responsible for achieving the outlet’s private event revenue goals by prospecting, negotiating, closing, and successful event execution
- Responds to all outlet private event leads within 24 hours
- Identify new business that fits sales parameters by using a wide variety of means/tools.
- Prospecting for new business through individual creativity and innovation
- Negotiate contracts, ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented
- Manages all aspects of hotel’s outlet events from start to finish
- Produce accurate contracts, event orders, and resumes
- Establish positive working relationships and partnerships with all clients by understanding their expectations and anticipating their needs.
- Assumes the role of the main point of communication between the client and all departments within the property both in pre-planning and on-site
- Coordinates the following functions for clients including but not limited to site inspections, pre-planning, arrival experience
- Works directly with clients on food and beverage needs, room set-up, décor, audio visual, cost and billing details and other requirements pertinent to their event
- Greets customer during the event phase and follows up with customer post-event
- Prepare and maintain menus, promotions and specials
- Performs general office duties to support the food and beverage management such as scheduling and payroll
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by his/her superiors
- Minimum of high school diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Is able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Is able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e. g., to identify defects).
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps
- Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite. CITY (preferred).
- Proven record of organization, detail-oriented, and able to make productive and efficient decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to make sound decisions immediately without supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Personable and friendly.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Must be able to tolerate noise and vibration and a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, working on scaffolding and high places.
- Must be able to tolerate atmospheric conditions, such as fumes, orders, dust, mists, gasses and/or poor ventilation.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Heavy work – Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50lbs of force.
- Light work - Frequently lift and move up to 10lbs.
- May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently
Additional Job Requirements
- Ability to apply creative solutions to practical problems and situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to remain flexible in determining a variety of problem-solving approaches. The employee must have the ability to maintain emotionally healthy composure and professionalism in stressful situations
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Availability; Must be able and flexible to work as required by business demands most specifically days, nights, weekends & holidays.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess a valid Food Handler’s Card as required by the County
We participate in E-Verify