JOB OVERVIEW: The Group Sales Manager is responsible for the individual achievement of room and banquet revenue goals generated by assigned markets and territory. Manages proactively to successfully achieve the hotel’s budget and service goals utilizing the hotels marketing plan and brand initiatives and strategy. Establishes lasting relationships with clients and third parties by prompt follow-up, a willingness to exceed expectations, attention to detail and consistent communication to ensure that the client’s expectations are exceeded.
- Comprehensive knowledge of market position, sales strategies, yield management, food and beverage revenues, pricing and rate structures, booking trends, marketing and support tools that contribute to the achievement of goals.
- Must be focused on the achievement of 100% of the sales goals that are derived from the Annual Sales Budgets.
- Fully knowledgeable of the competitive set and implements strategies to maintain a number one position.
- Follows hotels marketing plan and proactively develops action plans when shortfalls are recognized by using SMART guidelines.
- Maintains relationships and actively participates in meeting with hotels operational teams to effectively communicate what is needed for a successful sales process and execution of contracts.
- Ensures the effective management of all client relationships including innovative ideas and strategies to continue to grow share in market share for group.
- Fully understands hotel event contracts and maintains accountability for the commitments set forth in the contract including the financial arrangements in an agreement.
- Actively participates regular new business development activities by using tools such as Knowland/Insight, Business Journals and Internet.
- Accountable for the achievement of individual revenue goals for group rooms and banquet goals.
- Pre-plans all client site visits to provide a unique, WOW experience that shows the hotels investment in making each event a success.
- Recommend and develop supporting marketing promotions and collateral.
- Fully implement all brand initiatives and use of brand resources by participating in trade shows, developing and maintaining relationships with brand sales representation to ensure representation of hotels services globally.
- Maintain partnerships with key third party representatives
- Manages travel and entertainment expenses including reporting on the return on investment.
- Actively participates and represents the hotel at local, brand and industry tradeshows and meetings. Must be available to travel domestically.
- Completes all required training and has complete knowledge of brand, health and safety compliance and full product knowledge.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management or related major required.
- Minimum of 2 years in a Sales role in a 500+room property with at least 25,000 sq. ft of meeting space required.
- Direct Sales experience specializing in SMERF as a primary market and has achieved revenue goals in excess of $2-3 million per year required.
- AAA 4 Diamond and Marriott Brand experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate, convince, sell, and influence prospects and hotel guests.
- Advanced knowledge of the sales and hospitality principles and practices.
- Must be available weekends and weeknights as needed.
- Sales-oriented writing techniques and strategies for correspondence, i.e. letters, reports, proposals, and contracts.
- Appropriate and accurate grammar and punctuation in written communication.
- Ability to maximize impact, maintains interest, and establishes a rapport with your audience when conveying information.
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage time and resources.
- Understanding the positioning of the hotel, services provided, and how the hotel can meet the needs of clients.
- Must possess computer skills, including knowledge of sales software
- English is a must; other languages are a plus.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, bend and stoop throughout day.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
We participate in E-Verify