OVERVIEW: Westin Anaheim’s Club Lounge Attendant is responsible for serving our Westin Club guests during our complimentary breakfast & evening cocktail service. Our club Lounge attendant will be a dynamic individual who is able to communicate well, the ability to serve and maintain cleanliness at the Westin Club. The attendant will be quick on their feet (literally and metaphorically) and have a polite and friendly attitude.
Club Lounge Attendant Responsibilities
- Welcome patrons and customers as they arrive.
- Serve drinks and present food offerings.
- Process sales through point of sale system as needed
- Deliver food items to lounge guests as necessary and in a timely manner
- Ensure that food presentation is up to standards
- Clear tables
- Maintain proper condition and cleanliness of dining areas and servicing equipment
- Maintain appropriate stock levels of all condiments.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Preparing for guests by cleaning and setting tables
- Setting up any seasonal decorations, candles, or table cloths
- Greeting patrons, and if needed, escorting guests to tables
- Serving water to guests and refilling beverage glasses as needed
- Placing and replacing silverware as needed
- Delivering beverages from the bartender if needed
- Stocking serving stations with napkins, utensils, trays, condiments, and salt and pepper containers
- Removing guests’ dirty dishes and utensils
- Delivering used dishes and utensils to the kitchen for cleaning
- Assisting dishwashers to scrape, stack, or load dishes into dishwasher as needed
- Vacuuming, sweeping or mopping the Westin Club
- Removing trash and recycling; replacing trash bags
- Cleaning up guest spills as needed
- Directing guests to restrooms or exits as needed
- Clearing table as guests complete their meals and preparing tables for next guests
- Following and maintaining all sanitation and safety procedures
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have experience in high traffic guest service establishments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by guests.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information when serving high profile.
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
While performing the duties of this job it will require to:
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Must be able to tolerate noise and vibration and a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, working on scaffolding and high places.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 40 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum of 1-2 years in a guest service experience in a full-service hotel, restaurant or high profile bar.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess a high level of high-quality standards & organization
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, excellent communication skills and the ability to engage our guests
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the service industry, policies and procedures to include sanitation.
- Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Micros and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Food Handler’s Certificate required by the County.
We participate in E-Verify