Posted January 14, 2022
As a member of the property IT staff your role will support Corporate and all properties through overall supervision of IT resources throughout the properties. Resources include guest, team personnel, management tools, network infrastructure, storage, telecommunications, servers, email, firewalls, security, operating systems, helpdesk software and budget constraints. Responsibilities also include vendor relations, software license compliance and auditing. These duties described in the job description will be for supporting Anaheim Hotel, Wincome, Avenue of the Arts and Westin. Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Managing Day to Day Task and Policies
· Install, configure, manage, maintain, test, evaluate, and repair computer networks, workstations, support server system(s), supporting hardware/software, user accounts, and computer/telephone rooms. Performs assessments of equipment and software needs ensuring compliance with budget, standards.
· Assist in coordinating multiple-vendor projects.
· Responsible for property compliance with appropriate Wincome Policy and Information Security Manual.
· Is available for hotel system upgrades as needed when needed.
· Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested by manager.
Meeting Technology Needs
· Assist IT Management in evaluating and making recommendations regarding technology/asset life-cycles.
· Foresees, identifies and resolves system(s) performance problems.
· Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information and protects company assets.
· Verifies property’s technology assets are secure and maintained in accordance with Marriott International policies and standards.
· Possesses advanced knowledge in the areas of data communications, desktop support, and servers/networks. Uses knowledge to solve 2nd level support issues and train/develop junior staff.
· Ensures inventory levels for cabling, network systems, and applications exist.
· Conducts quarterly inventory of applications and hardware as assigned by manager.
· Ensures all point of sales systems are PCI compliant.
· Incident Reports
Forecasting and Complying with Financial Parameters
· Stays within budget constraints.
· Assist in reviewing vendor proposals.
Building Successful Relationships
· Assist IT Manager in Communicating IT standards and best practices as instructed.
· Is expected to assist IT Manager with presentation of proposals, analyses, projects, cost-models, etc. in a well- written and/or verbally articulate manner.
· Is viewed as a credible IT team member by subordinates, peers, and senior management.
· Provides exceptional customer service to associates, management and guest.
· 2-year associates degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major preferred.
· 3+ years in the capacity of IT at a medium to large sized Hotel/Resort property consisting of 300 + rooms
· Experienced in network hardware, desktop, POS systems, operating systems, Opera and Marriott internal applications (MARSHA, PMS, NGS, SFA, etc.)
· Operating knowledge of Smart Board Technology and Ruckus Wireles System
· Demonstrated skills in efficient time management
· Hotel industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
· Must be able to work days, nights and weekends.
· Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
· Must be able to sit, walk, bend and stoop throughout day.
· Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
· Peform other job duties as requested by supervisor.
· Valid driver’s license required.
· Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
· Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
Wincome Hospitality is a division of Wincome USA, a family-owned real estate investment, development, and management ﬁrm based in Anaheim, California. Originally founded by Paul Chan back in 1988, the firm has been recently passed down to his son, Mark Chan. With over 30 years’ experience in the OC area, the original investments included a mixed portfolio of apartment buildings and oﬃce space both locally and in the greater Dallas region. As with most successful real estate investments, location is king which led Paul Chan to acquire a small boutique hotel located on Harbor Boulevard, directly across from the main entrance to Disneyland. This acquisition marked Wincome’s entry into the hospitality space (thereby creating Wincome Hospitality) and changed the course of the company for the next 30 years.
The original small boutique hotel came to be known as The Carousel Inn and Suites and was a trend setter for the market during the mid-90s once Wincome hired a General Manager by the name of Paul Sanford. Sanford, having recently left a successful career in Hawaii to finish his MBA at Pepperdine, brought world renown service culture from the islands to this boutique hotel. This mix of service and location led to over two decades of success at this property and helped Wincome establish its footprint in the Anaheim Hotel market.
Wincome expanded the hotel portfolio in 1998 by purchasing three smaller hotels on West Katella Avenue that had long been overlooked and rundown by their former owners. Mr. Chan had a vision of taking the three separate spaces and combining the properties to form a unique resort like atmosphere unlike any other in the Anaheim Resort District. After a multi-year renovation, the vision was realized when the site reopened as the Anabella Hotel in 2001.
2010 marked Wincome’s first venture into the luxury four-diamond market when they bought the Wyndham Hotel in Costa Mesa. The property undertook a $20 million renovation to which it received its first four-diamond award in 2013. The property officially rebranded in 2016 as the Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, originally a Starwood brand but now under Marriott’s portfolio. Having since won multiple service, design and hotel awards, Wincome was able to take another forgotten property and turn it into a market leader.
Riding off the success of Avenue of the Arts and now headed by Paul Chan’s son Mark, Wincome started the next phase of their company in 2015 when they sold the Carousel to Walt Disney Parks & Resorts to facilitate Disney’s Eastern Gateway project. In 2016, they purchased an oﬃce building at 888 Disneyland Drive—leasing the building to tenants as well as setting up their corporate headquarters. They also acquired the Anaheim Plaza Hotel, a 9-acre site located on Harbor Boulevard, and converted it to The Anaheim Hotel, a three-diamond property.
Wincome is known for unique location based hotels that mix elevated design with our signature sophisticated sincere service. Our passionate staff’s mission is to exceed expectations and create remarkable experiences for our guests.
As a family-owned business, Wincome Hospitality is dedicated to Elevating the Experience through the values of customer service, a true partnership with our team members, and deep connections to the communities in which we do business.