The Revenue Manager position is responsible for the tactical daily revenue management practice of rate promotion, inventory controls and distribution throughout all distribution channels. This position will support the Corporate Director of Revenue (CDRM) and hotel leadership team to ensure the improvement of annual RevPAR penetration for the Westin Anaheim Resort.
Managing Daily Business Needs
- Responsible for the execution of hotel’s revenue management strategy.
- Manage the hotel’s pricing and yield decisions across all market segments based on the budget/forecast.
- Manages inventory allocation and price parameters positioned to achieve overall revenue goals.
- Maintain the hotel’s RMS system to ensure it is maximizing revenue potential on all compression dates into the future.
- Maintain the hotels pricing and distribution strategy within the hotels PMS and extranet platforms.
- Responsible for assessing, analyzing and pricing group business strategies using both manual ROI analysis and RMS decision support
- Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
- Monitor group blocks within the PMS for pickup/ cut- offs/ attrition/ wash etc.
- Maintain a concise room type oversell/ sell- through strategy for all future dates.
- Manage the rate loading process in HPP and rate offer merchandising in MarRFP.
- Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity.
- Facilitate weekly revenue strategy meetings.
- Produce the daily internal and weekly financial forecasts.
- Produce routine weekly and monthly reports for the CDRM and executive committee members for analysis.
- Provide weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
- Implement revenue management strategies, operations, procedures and best practices.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with levels of staff at the different hotel.
- Work in liaison with hotel sales and reservations departments as a team.
- Manage and oversee strategy for all 3rd party distribution through Efast.
- Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends.
- Ensure web site booking process is maintained up-to-date and functional.
- Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor analysis; environmental scanning; market modeling; distribution yield management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new pricing concepts
- Evaluate performance of distribution partners and contracted rates (OTA, FIT, tour operator, corporate, consortia, crew, groups, etc…).
- Assist the CDRM during the annual business plan and budgeting process.
Education & Physical Requirements
- 2-year Associates Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major preferred.
- 5 years hotel experience
- Marriot One Yield RMS certified strongly preferred
- Expertise in Marriott System Applications (One Yield, High Performance Pricing, Lightspeed, MarRFP, Efast, MRDW) and Non-Marriott systems Demand360 and Rate360.
- Hotel industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Must be able to work days, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to sit, walk, bend and stoop throughout day
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Must be able to work on property five days a week and have reliable transportation to the property.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.