The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the administrative human resources duties for three hotels and the corporate offices. Additional responsibilities include the coordination of staff recognition, employee relations, career fairs and training events.
- Perform a variety of administrative functions that supports the Corporate HR team/property level management: data entry of new hires, worker’s comp reporting, file management, background & basic employment verifications, assists in training like Harassment Training, New Hire Orientation, generates and administers FMLA/CFRA leaves according to company procedures and legal requirements, and keeps updated and current staff information and company boards, compiling and distributing monthly reports and birthday and anniversary cards, sympathy cards etc.
- Assists with administrative functions for talent acquisition including: recruitment of hourly positions, application management system upload and applicant response generation, preparation of new hire paperwork, offer letter package and completing new hire processing, prepare nametags, run reports for new hires and ordering of drug test and completes I-9s.
- Conducts pre-screen process and reference checks as requested. Will include recruiting through all platforms used H Careers, Hospitality Online, Indeed etc...
- Serves as the employee relations champion to the properties. Sends reminders and assists with planning and execution of all staff functions such as special events, blood drives, Health Fairs, career fairs, etc.
- Assist with inputting information and completing payroll
- Assist in the complaint & investigation process by taking notes and obtaining statements.
- Spends one day at each property and 2 day at the corporate office.
- Greets all phone inquiries and visitors to Human Resources answering their question(s) or taking personal responsibility to answer or facilitate appropriate transfer of questions to appropriate HR representative; assists staff with forms and information inquiries.
- Performs other job duties as needed or directed.
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to walk, stand and sit as required throughout the day.
- Ability to type 40 WPM.
- Must arrive to work well groomed, with pristine hygiene, and professional attire.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to listen, understand, and transcribe issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Note this is only outline of responsibilities and can be changed and updated at any time and without notice at the discretion of the direct supervisor or executive management team.
- High school diploma/4-year degree preferred.
- Hospitality experience preferred.
- 1-year experience as an HR Assistant and 1 year experience as a HR Coordinator preferred
- Experience in ADP or similar systems preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred