Assist customers, sell merchandise, handle cash and credit card sales accurately, keep shop clean and attractive, and assure safety and sanitation standards are maintained. Strive to achieve sales figures by selling effectively.
- Promote sales by using suggestive selling techniques.
- Ensure that the shop is kept clean, and that displays are attractively merchandised to promote sales.
- Ensure all assigned inventory counts are accurate.
- Handle all cash transactions accurately.
- Follow proper procedure for credit card and room charge transactions and obtain proper I.D. and department information for all employee discounts.
- Adhere to the hotel cash handling policy.
- Practice proper register operation procedures.
- Assist in the training of new staff to ensure standard operating procedures are communicated and adhered to.
- Maintain constant communication line with gift shop manager in order to keep abreast of all shop related problems, customer requests and fast moving items to maximize sales and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to stand for entire shift
- Ability to type, standing upright for entire shift.
- Heavy work- Exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally, and/or 50lbs of force frequently and/or up to 20lbs of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Must arrive to work well groomed, with pristine hygiene, and professional attire
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations
Education and Experience Requirements
- Previous guest service and reservations experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Excellent computer and typing skills are required. Excel and Word proficiency desired.
- Previous call-center experience preferred.
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Must have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
We participate in E-Verify
Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
238 Room Hotel
AVENUE OF THE ARTS COSTA MESA, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO HOTEL
As a Tribute Portfolio hotel, we break beyond the typical hotel experience with eclectic arts-inspired design, inventive culinary creations and an ideal location in the Theater and Arts District close to fashion-hub South Coast Plaza. We celebrate the very best in human expression. And by doing so, create the perfect space to be the very best expression of yourself. Beyond captivating design, enjoy social scenes and sincere service dedicated to helping you make the most of every moment.