OVERVIEW: A busser serves patrons by setting tables; placing and replacing silverware; keeping beverage glasses full; help with running food when necessary, adhering to sanitation and safety policies; clearing and cleaning tables, chairs, and environment. Busser will occasionally serve food and beverages to patrons at tables. The busser must possess professionalism, is friendly and will strive to meet the highest standards of quality customer service.
Restaurant Busser Responsibilities
- Preparing for guests by cleaning and setting tables
- Setting up any seasonal decorations, candles, or table cloths
- Greeting patrons, and if needed, escorting guests to tables
- Assisting guests by providing menus; keeping menus clean and presentable
- Serving water to guests and refilling beverage glasses as needed
- Placing and replacing silverware as needed
- Delivering beverages from the bartender
- Stocking wait staff serving stations with napkins, utensils, trays, condiments, and salt and pepper containers
- Removing guests’ dirty dishes and utensils
- Delivering used dishes and utensils to the kitchen for cleaning
- Assisting dishwashers to scrape, stack, or load dishes into dishwasher as needed
- Vacuuming, sweeping or mopping dining room
- Removing trash and recycling; replacing trash bags
- Cleaning up guest spills as needed
- Directing guests to restrooms or exits as needed
- Clearing table as guests complete their meals and preparing tables for next guests
- Following and maintaining all sanitation and safety procedures
- Performing closing activities such as cleaning chairs and tables, stacking chairs, preparing stations for the morning shift
- Ensure all Covid 19, Eco Sure, HD and HACCP standards are being strictly adhered to.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have experience in high traffic guest service establishments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by guests.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information when serving high profile.
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
While performing the duties of this job it will require to:
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Must be able to tolerate noise and vibration and a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, working on scaffolding and high places.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 40 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a full-service hotel, restaurant or high-profile bar.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess a high level of high-quality standards & organization
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the service industry, policies and procedures to include sanitation.
- Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Micros and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Food Handler’s Certificate required by the County. TIPS training a plus.
We participate in E-Verify