OVERVIEW:The Westin Anaheim Resort’s Banquet Houseman represents a multimillion dollar event operation overseeing an array of events from corporate to high complexity socials, and by this; the Houseman is an extension of the banquet leadership and will have a magnetic and charismatic personality that encases the ultimate event experience ensuring all set ups, equipment inventory and special request for/from guests and serving them convention floor are perfect and as requested. The banquet housemen maintains a clean and organized work environment at all times.
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up of all buffets, room set ups, bars and public spaces on a daily basis.
- Set up banquet room as instructed by Banquet Captain to include linen, serviceware and glassware.
- Attend stand up meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Banquet Captain to ensure consistency in the order throughout the banquet.
- Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Once banquet is complete reset banquet room according to Captain's specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function as well as sanitation of banquet areas.
- Observe all safety procedures during the execution of assigned duties.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards guests, co-workers and management
- Ensure all Covid 19, Eco Sure, HD and HACCP standards are being strictly adhered to.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service
- Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to open boxes, pick up heavy equipment and transport it, scoop and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Ability to work standing and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Patience and customer-oriented approach.
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Must be able to move tables and chairs throughout the shift.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 40 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods
- Heavy work – Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50lbs of force.
- Light work - Frequently lift and move up to 10lbs.
- Required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Must possess a valid Food Handler’s Card as required by the County
We participate in E-Verify
Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
238 Room Hotel
AVENUE OF THE ARTS COSTA MESA, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO HOTEL
As a Tribute Portfolio hotel, we break beyond the typical hotel experience with eclectic arts-inspired design, inventive culinary creations and an ideal location in the Theater and Arts District close to fashion-hub South Coast Plaza. We celebrate the very best in human expression. And by doing so, create the perfect space to be the very best expression of yourself. Beyond captivating design, enjoy social scenes and sincere service dedicated to helping you make the most of every moment.