As a bartender you are responsible to provide timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages for our guests.
What you will be doing
- Serve guests according to the hotel's standards in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner
- Serve the beverage /or food in the order and to the expectation of the Banquet Captain to ensure consistency in the order throughout the banquet
- Know how to read the Banquet Event Order (BEO) and be familiar with the menu of the assigned function
- Set up and break down all bars or tables according to hotel standards
- Maintain the banquet storeroom and liquor room in a neat and orderly manner, stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for food and drink service functions
- Clean-up banquet space after the completion of the function and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored and re-stocked properly.
- Prepare room according to BEO and the various meal functions
- Follow all money handling procedures when serving the guest
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times
- Comply at all times with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operation
The ideal candidate for this position
- One year bartending experience preferred
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations, including ability to handle guest objections and disputes to satisfactory results
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
We participate in E-Verify
Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
238 Room Hotel
AVENUE OF THE ARTS COSTA MESA, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO HOTEL
As a Tribute Portfolio hotel, we break beyond the typical hotel experience with eclectic arts-inspired design, inventive culinary creations and an ideal location in the Theater and Arts District close to fashion-hub South Coast Plaza. We celebrate the very best in human expression. And by doing so, create the perfect space to be the very best expression of yourself. Beyond captivating design, enjoy social scenes and sincere service dedicated to helping you make the most of every moment.