Responsible for the safeguarding of hotel property, assets, guests, visitors and employees. Conduct investigations and assist with guest and employee incidents while providing outstanding customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets.
- Answer house calls, assist guests and employees with respect to safety, security and hotel operations.
- Initiate and follow-up all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons.
- Assist sick and injured guests and employees, ensuring documentation and disposition of reports.
- Initiate investigations, write incident and accident reports, monitor investigations to their timely conclusion and and ensure appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors and employees, documenting all contacts.
- Maintain accurate records while performing basic office duties including, but not limited to, camera monitoring, shift activity log, codebook, and employee and guest binder interaction.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Insure to comply with all pandemic health criteria imposed by City, State and Federal mandates and ordinances.
- All other duties as required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and customer service-orientated environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner; to work as part of a team as well as to complete assignments independently; to take instructions from Managers; to exercise problem solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, guests and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with The Westin Anaheim Resort rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist supervisor in checking alarm systems, safety and fire equipment systems and closely monitoring security of building doors, service areas and delivery areas.
Education & Physical Requirements
- Minimum 1 year experience Security related background required. Hotel security experience a plus.
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- C.P.R. Certification & First Aid training recommended
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly (verbal and written) in English with guests, co-workers, and management.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense when carrying out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to learn and use computer systems and software
- California State Guard Registration and valid Government ID
- Strong Investigative Skills.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in the interior and exterior of the hotel
- Must be able to sit, walk, bend and stoop throughout day
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Able to exert 10-25lbs frequently and 30-50lbs of force occasionally
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Guard Card required.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
We participate in E-Verify