OVERVIEW: The Engineering Supervisor will assist and collaborate with the Director of Engineering and the Chief Engineer to develop maintenance related programs, processes and standards. The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the hotel’s HVAC requirements, general maintenance, repairs, electrical and plumbing. Daily monitoring and preventative maintenance are included.
Responsibility During Constructions Phase
- Before hotel opens primary focus will be on Hotel room FF&E installation, quality control and room punch process as well as oversee Owner related items in coordination with the Director of Construction, Chief Engineer, Architect and general Contractor
Maintaining Property Standards
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations
Major areas of responsibility but are not limited to:
- Assist the Asst Chief Engineer in the full upkeep of the preventative maintenance, including the keeping of logs on work done, scheduling and the assignment of projects and other related tasks.
- Maintain up-to-date meter readings for heat, light, and power records to include all property logs.
- Respond to guest requests.
- Prioritize work assignments.
- Responsible for assisting with new hire staff training as assigned by the Asst. Chief Engineer.
- Assist in developing and implementing plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets in a safe and acceptable state of repair
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws
- Ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Assist with the administration of all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department
- Ensure room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings to Security. Take immediate action as necessary.
- Assist as necessary with special projects.
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- To assist/enhance the productivity of the maintenance department and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- To assist the Chief Engineer in the full upkeep of the preventive maintenance, including the keeping of logs on work done, scheduling and the assignment of projects and other related task.
- Maintain up to date inventories of parts and maintenance supplies.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times.
- Ensure that all guest rooms are rentable on a daily basis.
- Check and make repairs to plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Knowledge of necessary repairs to Food & Beverage/Kitchen equipment to included Freezers, convention ovents, stoves, warm units, mixers and other kitchen equipment.
- Check and make repairs to electrical systems such as lighting systems, television sets and kitchen equipment.
- Perform repairs to building, furniture, bathrooms, guest rooms, etc., as needed; may perform painting tasks.
- Monitor mechanical, electrical, and water usages to ensure effective energy management.
- Respond in a courteous manner to guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Respond in a timely manner to all work orders.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping Manager to ensure property is maintained in like-new condition.
- Policy violations by any employee you supervise are to be documented. In documentation, include any actions taken.
- Practice safety standards at all times and be alert to hazardous conditions. Report or correct any hazardous conditions immediately.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with Employee Handbook. Employee must adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company, including but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.
- Wear proper uniform at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
- Other duties as assigned, of which the employee is capable of performing.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize daily task list.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Handbook policies
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing name tags.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
EDUCATION & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years in the role of Lead Engineer
- Engineering experience at a 500+ room Hotel/Resort.
- Experience in hotels with 4 to 5 Diamond rating preferred.
- Knowledge of HVAC, VRF/VRV A/C systems and Mechanical systems experience required.
- Brand experience.
- Opening Hotel experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; push and pull up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work days, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sit, walk, bend and stoop throughout day.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
We participate in E-Verify