OVERVIEW: Performs any combination of the following tasks to maintain guestrooms, working areas, and the hotel premises in a clean and orderly manner. Demonstrates a professional, friendly, warm and welcoming demeanor to all guests and employees.
House Attendant Responsibilities
- Must adhere to all COVID-19 Rules and Regulations
- Assist the room attendants with bed stripping, towels, and trash removal.
- Clean common areas including lobby, breakfast area, public restrooms, hallways and any other spaces, as assigned
- Make up and deliver roll-away beds.
- Stock/Replenish housekeeping carts with supplies and clean linen, while removing soiled linen
- Refills the par stock of guest amenities and supplies on each housekeeping storage area.
- Perform carpet cleaning in guest rooms & public areas, as needed and according to preventative maintenance schedule
- Receives linen supplies from laundry and stocks linen closets on guest floors in a neat organized manner
- Perform property walks and identify areas that need attention
- Identify and address minor maintenance issues throughout hotel, notifying management when appropriate
- Move furniture as needed.
- Fulfill guest requests made to front desk staff, including but not limited to toiletries, linens,
- Fill in for housekeeping shifts, as needed and clean guest rooms when needed in accordance to specific brand and company minutes per room standard
- All other duties as assigned- Laundry attendant
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in a 400+ room hotel is preferred
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing/pulling up to approximately 200 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with guests and fellow associates.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members verbally or in written form.
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to all aspects of suite.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
- Position may be required to work varied schedule that may include evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to arrive to work on time.
EDUCATION & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 years experience in a room attendant role
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Experience in 4 Diamond Rated Hotel preferred
- Must be able to walk/stand for long periods of time
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work days, nights weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing approximately 200 pounds
- Knowledgeable of chemicals
- Able to communicate effectively in English/Spanish, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
We participate in E-Verify