Responsible for providing the highest level of personalized, friendly, and outstanding guest service that exceeds expectations. To be successful in this role, he or she must encompass a willingness to serve and consistently demonstrate luxury service standards. Guest Services Attendant is an individual who has a passion for providing an exceptional experience to guests. The Guest Service Team will serve as experts and the primary resource for guests seeking information about the property and surrounding attractions. Must have superior customer service skills in a fast-paced environment, as well as be able to stay focused on goals.
- Welcome guests in a warm and enthusiastic manner always using the guest's name.
- Gather, summarize, and advise guests about the hotel and the area.
- Stay current on local events, attractions, and happenings in Orange County.
- Promotes hotel outlets including restaurants, bars, market place and the club lounge.
- Make restaurant and tour reservations upon request.
- Anticipate guest requests and requirements in order to satisfy them efficiently and promptly.
- Research and coordinate arrangements for guests' special requests.
- Respond to guest requests in under 24 hours and always follow up to ensure satisfaction
- Communications must be professional, clear, and concise.
- Correspondences will be in person, over the phone, or through email.
- Monitor guest requests, folllow up on requests and check for satisfaction.
- Work with vendors to provide additional services for guests such as; transportation, surf lessons, tours, tickets for events/parks.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others to help reach common goals set forth.
- Other duties as assigned
Maintaining Property Standards
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Communicate professionally at all times with guests, the client, and your teammates
- Smile and exude a pleasant and friendly demeanor
- Follow all Westin guidelines and Marriott standards and procedures
- Follow all departmental policies and procedures
Major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Assist guests with inquiries, offer suggestions and provides descriptive literature pertaining to trips, excursions, Resort events and hours of operations for Resort outlets
- Assist in arranging restaurant reservations, transportation and limousines as required by guests
- Handling of special requests - i.e. flowers, amenities, faxes, rental cars, forwarding luggage, private plans etc.
- Verifies arrival and departure times, traces routes on maps and arranges
- Ensure the delivery of parcels, mail, special deliveries etc. to guest rooms
- Ensure public areas are maintained, clean and tidy by coordinating with Housekeeping Department
- Interact with other departments to ensure that guest's needs are satisfied
- Working knowledge of Front Office operations and be able to perform duties - Check-in/check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently; process all payments according to established hotel requirements.
- Communicate services and amenities of the Resort to guests.
- Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities
- Assist all departments/executives in obtaining appropriate information regarding groups, inventory and guest information
- Works closely with department leaders to ensure that all complimentary and high-end amenity offerings are provided consistent with the agreed upon arrangements.
- Adhere to all cashiering procedures
- Document pertinent information in log book
- Assist in other Front Desk areas as assigned
- Provide guest room tours, conduct site tours when requested
- Welcoming guests into Club Lounge and provide prompt and elevated service to VIP and Club lounge guests.
- Maintain Fitness center cleanliness, collateral, supplies, fitness lending gear
- Facilitate all branded programing including; family activities,
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and at any time of day.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Ensure you are aware of all inhouse group activities, locations and times set
- Maintain a working knowledge of all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Be knowledgeable and provide information regarding hotel facilities, hours of operation, key personnel, special activities and functions in the resort as requested
- Provide directions to the resort from any location as requested
- Read all departmental memos and inform supervisor or manager of any information that is not clearly understood
- Report to the supervisor or manager any supplies that are needed or any safety concerns that need to be addressed
- Alert the following shift of any duties that have not been completed or of any pertinent information regarding special situations
- Assist other departments and other team members when necessary
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by department supervisor or manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in elevated guest service (4-5 Diamond, 4-5 Stars) highly preferred.
- Ability to participate as a member of a team
- Strong team player and able to motivate a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with the handbook policies.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Experience in 4 Diamond Rated Hotel preferred
- Must be able to walk/stand for long periods of time
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work days, nights and weekends.
- Constant standing, walking and running throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, running
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramp+
Able to communicate effectively in English/Spanish preferred, both verbally and in writing.
Able to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Valid Driver's License required
We participate in E-Verify