Maintain the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. Ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel.
- Build effective working relationships with staff, City Officials, Consultants, General Contractor and Sub-trades.
- Conduct walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical HVAC systems and any other related equipment.
- Verify completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of house spaces, and grounds. Verify completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovation projection to offices and employee work areas.
- Assist in hiring, training, supervising and disciplining department staff and all other staff under the direction of the Engineering department, such as painters, upholsterers, groundskeepers, and Loss Prevention.
- Adhere to all corporate-required purchasing policies and controls, including, but not limited to, all outside contractor bids, budgets, and schedules. Follow prescribed safety procedures for personnel and equipment by the company and OSHA
- Maintain effective Energy Management and Preventative Maintenance programs and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
- Inform the General Manager and hotel department heads on a regular basis regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure, related systems and equipment offering prudent, cost effective proposals for maintaining these systems. Access and input information into hotel systems to generate reports.
- Oversee/approve payroll and manpower schedules
- Monitor subtrade safety and have a working knowledge of construction safety and safety processes.
- Understand project MEPF scope of work and coordinate activities among all trade
- Review all Contract Documents, Bid Documents, Value Engineering items, Differential Documents on FF&E and OSE, etc. to ensure completeness of information for bidding of capital projects.
- Participate in value engineering review exercise; make suggestions to improve cost effectiveness for the MEPF scopes of work.
- Evaluate RFP, Bids and assist in awarding process for MEPF trades.
- Review and confirm material and equipment for compliance on ALL MEPF systems prior to installation.
- Manage and lead MEPF subcontractors throughout the duration of the project - from Groundbreaking to BIM coordination through Construction to Commissioning and Turnover to Owner.
- Perform quality control and monitor the installation and startup of MEPF systems and commissioning of the project with the Commissioning Agent and the Subcontractor.
- Review RFIs and Submittals for content and completeness, and provide Ownership response if required.
- Review and manage MEPF subtrade change process, including verify scope of extra work and the negotiation of the associated cost and/or schedule impact.
- Review and verify monthly progress payments of MEPF trade contractors, including approval of MEPF trade’s Schedule of Values.
- Assist project team in monitoring, maintaining and improving or mitigating project schedule.
- Coordinate activities, materials procurement and other related activities with Project coordinator and Field Staff.
- Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as required by Project Manager, Director, etc.
- Organize and manage in all facets of MEPF project close-out, including; systems start up, testing, commissioning, operation and maintenance manuals, spare part inventory, deficiencies and warranty work etc.
- As a member of the Leadership/Executive Committee, hours and availability will vary depending upon the business needs of the property.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations
- Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
- Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
Education & Experience
- 7+ years in the role of Director of Engineering or Facilities.
- Excellent communication, writing and strong interpersonal skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience at a 500+ room Hotel/Resort preferred
- Demonstrated skills in supervising and leading a team of sales professionals to revenue goal achievement
- Hospitality industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
While performing the duties of this job it will require to:
- Must be able to tolerate noise and vibration and a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, working on scaffolding and high places.
- Must be able to tolerate atmospheric conditions, such as fumes, orders, dust, mists, gasses and/or poor ventilation.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Heavy work – Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50lbs of force.
- Light work - Frequently lift and move up to 10lbs.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Able to communicate effectively in English. both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
We participate in E-Verify