OVERVIEW:The Westin Anaheim Resort’s Banquet Houseman represents a multimillion dollar event operation overseeing an array of events from corporate to high complexity socials, and by this; the Houseman is an extension of the banquet leadership and will have a magnetic and charismatic personality that encases the ultimate event experience ensuring all set ups, equipment inventory and special request for/from guests and serving them convention floor are perfect and as requested. The banquet housemen maintains a clean and organized work environment at all times.
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up of all buffets, room set ups, bars and public spaces on a daily basis.
- Set up banquet room as instructed by Banquet Captain to include linen, serviceware and glassware.
- Attend stand up meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Banquet Captain to ensure consistency in the order throughout the banquet.
- Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Once banquet is complete reset banquet room according to Captain's specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function as well as sanitation of banquet areas.
- Observe all safety procedures during the execution of assigned duties.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards guests, co-workers and management
- Ensure all Covid 19, Eco Sure, HD and HACCP standards are being strictly adhered to.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service
- Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to open boxes, pick up heavy equipment and transport it, scoop and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Ability to work standing and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be able to multitask.
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Patience and customer-oriented approach.
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Must be able to move tables and chairs throughout the shift.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 40 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods
- Heavy work – Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50lbs of force.
- Light work - Frequently lift and move up to 10lbs.
- Required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Must possess a valid Food Handler’s Card as required by the County
We participate in E-Verify