OVERVIEW: The Westin Anaheim Resort’s Banquet Server represent the highest revenue generating department in the resort, and by this; the banquet server will have a charismatic personality and banqueting experience that encases the best banquet events in Orange County by applying impeccable serving abilities for all our guests. The Banquet Server maintains a clean and organized work environment.
Banquet Server Attendant Responsibilities
- Run food from the kitchen to the banquet event floor on demand
- Set Up tables as directed
- Assist with food and table prep before the event begins
- Set up buffets with food presentation standards and practices in mind, ensuring safe food handling performance
- Serve all plated events to guests and respond to requests for beverages, appetizers and other needs
- Clear used dishes and glasses between courses
- Communicate with banquet supervisor/captain as well as other servers and event organizers
- Serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Open wine and take drink orders
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed, replenishing utensils, refilling water glasses, and being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Able to anticipate needs while serving the event floor
- Wiping down and sanitizing surfaces such as tables, chairs, food counters, cappuccino and coffee machines, ice dispenser, beverage and salad station, etc.
- Ensure all Covid 19, Eco Sure, HD and HACCP standards are being strictly adhered to.
- High School Diploma required or equivalent high level education.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by guests.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Proven restaurant/banquets serving or waitering experience
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Patience and customer-oriented approach.
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
- Should have prior experience with 4 Diamond rated hotel.
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Must be able to move tables and chairs throughout the shift.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 40 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods
- Heavy work – Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50lbs of force.
- Light work - Frequently lift and move up to 10lbs.
- Required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
Additional Job Requirements
- Ability to apply creative solutions to practical problems and situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to remain flexible in determining a variety of problem-solving approaches. The employee must have the ability to maintain emotionally healthy composure and professionalism in stressful situations
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Availability; Must be able and flexible to work as required by business demands most specifically days, nights, weekends & holidays.
- Must be 21 years of age and over
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess a valid Food Handler’s Card as required by the County
We participate in E-Verify