OVERVIEW: The Westin Anaheim Resort’s Lobby Barback perform tasks to support the Bartender and other staff members. They help with opening and closing duties, prepare and serve drinks, stock items, assist in the reordering process.
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
- Ensuring bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer.
- Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed.
- Ensure bartenders are equipped with clean glasses in front of house at all times
- Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Learning about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes.
- Taking orders, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours.
- Speaking to customers, answering questions, handling complaints.
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly.
- Perform bussing responsibilities such as clearing empty cups and trash from bar top and tables
- Physical ability to lift beer kegs, hold trays of bottles and glassware and stand during the shift
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Must be able to move tables and chairs throughout the shift.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 50 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods
Additional Job Requirements
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Availability; Must be able and flexible to work as required by business demands most specifically nights and weekends.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a guest service experience in a full-service hotel, restaurant or high-profile bar.
- Must possess a high level of high-quality standards & organization
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the service industry, policies and procedures to include sanitation.
- Food Handler’s Certificate required by the County. TIPS training a plus.
- High School Diploma Pref.
- Minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance.
- Knowledge of menu items, including beers, wines, cocktails, and liquors.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.
- Responsible, punctual.
- Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including, walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods and working nights, weekends, and holidays.
We participate in E-Verify