OVERVIEW: The Westin Anaheim Resort’s Lobby Bartender represents the heart of the resort’s front of the house team and main first attraction, and by this; the lobby bartender will have a magnetic and charismatic personality that encases the ultimate bar experience by preparing beverages with an organic mixologist approach for guests and serving them at the bar and/or through the wait staff. The lobby bartender maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to ensure product quality
- Mixing beverages using an extensive range of ingredients including liquor, bitters, soda, water, sugar, and fruits
- Providing a positive and friendly guest experience by interacting with patrons
- Locks up and stores all beverage, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops and secures bank.
- Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure that bar is attended at all times.
- Ensure Roof Top Bar umbrellas are in the designated areas and in the correct open position.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor such as assisting security with disorderly guests.
- Must adhere to all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to ensure all laws are being followed.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages including craft mixology
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
- Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Ability to work standing and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings/nights, weekends and holidays
- Ensure all Covid 19, Eco Sure, HD and HACCP standards are being strictly adhered to.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have experience in Bartending in high profile food and beverage establishments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by guests.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information when serving high profile.
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
- Prior experience with 4 Diamond rated hotel a plus
While performing the duties of this job it will require to:
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Must be able to tolerate noise and vibration and a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, working on scaffolding and high places.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use hands and arms to reach.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 50 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a guest service experience in a full-service hotel, restaurant or high-profile bar.
- Must be 21 years of age due to the serving of alcohol
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess a high level of high-quality standards & organization
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the service industry, policies and procedures to include sanitation.
- Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Micros and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Food Handler’s Certificate required by the County. TIPS training a plus.
We participate in E-Verify