OVERVIEW: As a Westin Anaheim Resort’s Host/Hostess, you will be responsible for exceeding guests expectations by being the face of the outlet and creating the first impressions by providing them with friendly, prompt and attentive service that is tailored to the customer’s preference. Seat guests in the dining and bar areas while ensuring a smooth handoff to service staff. Ensures that the guests are seated and attend to any questions that they may have. A Host will be an operator and possess skillful organizational skills to maintain the dining area well controlled, answer phones, and reservations in a prompt and professional manner as well as direct calls when applicable.
- Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
- Obtains staffing and station assignments for all servers, service assistants, runners and bar staff from the Manager on Duty. Completes table/station chart with these assignments.
- Correctly completes all opening and side work duties of the hostess/host at the start of the shift, in a timely manner.
- Assists the Manager on Duty in planning reservations and assigning parties to appropriate tables, stations and/or servers.
- Answers the telephone in a timely, pleasant and courteous manner. Correctly takes, confirms and documents reservations.
- Maintains and creates reservations within the Open Table system.
- Immediately recognizes and greets arriving guests, obtains guests’ names, provides names to servers and directs guests to the appropriate waiting areas.
- Escorts guests to their assigned table, delivers and presents menus to all guests.
- Controls the flow of business by practicing rotation seating, anticipating table turns and following the reservation and seating plan.
- Accurately quotes waiting times to guests and correctly maintains the “wait” list.
- Informs Manager on Duty when waiting times are running over times quoted to our guests.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the hostess/host stand and lobby area throughout the shift.
- Practices teamwork by assisting fellow employees to enhance our guests’ dining experience.
- Communicates to the Manager on Duty any and all situations where a guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any aspect of the dining experience.
- Acknowledges all departing guests and invites them to return.
- Completes all closing duties in a timely manner
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Responsible for cleaning all areas surrounding the Outlet entrance, including windows, doors, floors, etc at any given time in accordance to Covid 19 WAR ordinances.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have experience in hgh traffic guest service establishments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by guests.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information when serving high profile.
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
While performing the duties of this job it will require to:
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Must be able to tolerate noise and vibration and a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, etc.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 40 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
Additional Job Requirements
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time in full uniform.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess a high level of high-quality standards & organization
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the service industry, policies and procedures to include sanitation.
- Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Micros and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Food Handler’s Certificate required by the County. TIPS training a plus.
We participate in E-Verify