$1500 BONUS AFTER 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT
OVERVIEW: The Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining clean and attractive guestrooms while providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests. Must meet or exceed 4 Diamond standards.
Room Attendant Responsibilities
- Could include performing duties as a Turn down Attendant which will include being responsible for evening turn down services and refreshment of the occupied room.
- Must adhere to all COVID-19 Rules and Regulations
- Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, etc.
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- May include cleaning of kitchen area, room refrigerator, coffee maker, cups, glasses, silverware, etc.
- Notify supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold or occupied.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of assigned rooms/suites
- Report any room unable to be serviced to supervisor according to established procedures.
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- May assist with other duties as assigned
- Replenish linen and guest amenities
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in a 400+ room hotel is preferred
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing/pulling up to approximately 150 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with guests and fellow associates.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members verbally or in written form.
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to all aspects of suite.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
- Position may be required to work varied schedule that will include evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to arrive to work on time.
EDUCATION & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- 1 year experience in a room attendant role
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Experience in 4 Diamond Rated Hotel preferred
- Must be able to walk/stand for long periods of time
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends and Holidays.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time
- Knowledgeable of chemicals
- Able to communicate effectively in English/Spanish, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
We participate in E-Verify