The Westin Anaheim Resort’s Food & Beverage manager represents the resort’s culinary vision by adhering to flawless service execution and by this; the Food and Beverage Manager will have strong leadership capabilities with a magnetic and charismatic personality that encases the ultimate guest dining experience for all guests. At the same time the F&B Manager will consistently maintain standards, highly motivated teams and a key perspective on revenue and labor management.
- Driving product and service culture by checking with service express agent(s) guests; satisfaction and follow up with all resorts guests on delivery and food quality to ensure effectiveness
- Aiding in the training, supervising, scheduling, evaluating, and directing of all F&B associates to include; servers, bartenders, runners and host staff
- Offer a true In Room Dining Experience to all guests by adhering to a “bring a restaurant into your room” mode.
- Handling guest concerns in a prompt and professional manner
- Monitoring and supervising the set up and maintenance of the In-Room Dining areas to ensure that it is meeting and/or exceeding standards to include expedition of all orders.
- Organizing, building, and maintaining a professional work environment
- Recruiting, training and ensuring all associates maintain upmost performance
- Managing overall profit and loss statements
- Organizing and conducting pre-shift departmental meetings and communicating pertinent information to Associates
- Ensuring par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering, and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves
- Completing reports on production, filling out necessary requisitions and controlling distribution of necessary supplies
- Providing direct service to guests as needed by serving and busing tables and seating guests
- Ensuring the department abides by all safety and sanitation policies
While performing the duties of this job it will require to:
- Work at any outlet as directed by leadership
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Must be able to move tables and chairs throughout the shift.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting/pushing 120 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods
- Strong knowledge of food/wine/liquor
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Availability; Must be able and flexible to work as required by business demands most specifically nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years’ of previous Food and Beverage leadership experience required, Room Service Operation Pref.
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Experience in 4 Diamond rated hotel preferred
- Opening hotel experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures, and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer
- Must have intermediate skills with Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages required
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Budgetary analysis capabilities required
- Certified food handling certification required
We participate in E-Verify