JOB OVERVIEW: The Director of Food & Beverage will be responsible for profitable operation of the F&B division, developing the brand and identity for the operation, planning future goals, defining and enforcing customer service and product standards. Provides leadership and training which fosters a positive growth-oriented environment focused on exceptional customer service, revenue and profits. You will oversee and assist outlet managers, executive chef and convention services & catering department in the daily operations as well as projects.
- This position has 7 direct management reports and 8 management indirect reports. You will be responsible for supervision of employee performance and developmental coaching. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire, process references and new hire paperwork to company standard for all accounting staff in compliance with state and federal laws and company policy.
- This position sets specific goals and objectives for all the employees supervised. Establishes and communicates performance criteria to all employees. Establishes and reinforces specific performance goals with subordinate employees and provides timely feedback.
- Formally reviews and evaluates performance goals and objectives on a regular basis of all employees under your supervision.
- When appropriate and needed, disciplining and creating performance improvement plans for employees, and when necessary terminating employees under your supervision for performance related issues.
- Maintain proper staffing levels for all operating departments.
- Schedules direct report staff.
- Reviews with managers indirect staff schedules on a weekly basis to ensure business needs and budgeted levels are being met.
- Communicate with team members both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work, policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Provide timely, real-time feedback to management and hourly associates on service and operational standards; including feedback on even the smallest of service and operational details.
- It is the Director of Food and Beverage's responsibility to lead service education and continuously offer a Best Place to Work through:
- Daily line-ups and regular department meetings
- New server, host and bartender training programs
- Ongoing development and training
- Daily evaluation of restaurant service performance;
- Employee discussion and performance management including timely completion of performance evaluations;
- Coordination of timely food production and quality standards review.
- Provide direct oversight of property-wide Banquet and Convention Service & Catering operations. Work closely with sales on booking groups (preliminary menus and diagrams to make sure group fits). Review all F&B minimums and selling guidelines. Work closely with catering to get events when groups are contracted with sales, work on groups (intro letter, BEO's, billing, guest room blocks, group resumes). Support Banquets in all aspects of room set, functionality and flow. Work directly with clients who are in-house and contracted to connect and create repeat guests.
- Develop long term and short-term catering sales strategy
- Guide Catering Sales initiatives to completion and report results
- Directly oversee banquet operations including developing and maintaining managerial and captain oversight of all operations, schedule and train banquet staff
- Daily walk through of event set ups
- Produce and track internal sales goals and incentives for sales and catering
- Organize and Lead BEO meetings
- Develop Catering Marketing Strategy directly with director of sales and marketing
- The Director of Food and Beverage will Directly Oversee the Executive Chef to provide "excellent quality and presentation" of all food to the guests. The Director of Food and Beverage will have final approval of all banquet and catering menus and pricing.
- The Director of F&B participates in the evaluation of food product, front-of-the-house employee performance, and development of product consistent with our market position. Further responsibilities include selection and pricing strategy of all liquors and wines, and supervision of their procurement.
- The Director of Food and Beverage participates in creating the financial objectives of the restaurant and event space on an annual basis through the budget process.
- It is the Director of Food and Beverage's responsibility to meet the financial targets in the sales area by executing and enhancing the annual marketing plan, reacting quickly to new opportunities, running consistently high operation standards, and effective utilization of marketing funds. It is also the Director of Food and Beverage's responsibility to meet budget in all areas of cost control with consistent focus on cost of sales and payroll.
- The Director of Food and beverage is responsible for identifying talent and providing the necessary training as positions open. Further responsibilities include filling any open positions with candidates who are qualified and understand the "standards of excellence" required of them. The General Manager assists in conducting ongoing training programs for new and existing management and hourly staff.
- Responsibility for the daily cleanliness of all areas of the restaurant, Event and Pre-Event spaces both internally and externally. Coordination of kitchen cleanliness with the Executive Chef. Coordination of service area maintenance with floor management, employees and any outside services. Ongoing maintenance of the physical asset through capital planning as required in the budget process.
- Manages all subordinate managers in all food and beverage outlets. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all restaurant's employees.
- Must participate in company events related to employees and community.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with hotel policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues or concerns.
While performing the duties of this job it will require to:
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Must be able to tolerate noise and vibration and a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, working on scaffolding and high places.
- Must be able to tolerate atmospheric conditions, such as fumes, orders, dust, mists, gasses and/or poor ventilation.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Heavy work – Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50lbs of force.
- Light work - Frequently lift and move up to 10lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in hospitality as an experience Director of Food & Beverage in a full-service hotel with 500 rooms.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the hospitality industry, purchasing policies and procedures.
- Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Micros and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven record of organization, detail-oriented, and able to make productive and efficient decisions.
- Should have prior experience with 4 Diamond rated hotel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
We participate in E-Verify