OVERVIEW: As a Westin Anaheim Resort’s the runner is responsible for ensuring each customer’s food order is delivered promptly and without mistakes. You will organize food tickets, communicate with cook staff to ensure each course is distributed and ready in order, and deliver the completed meals to the customer’s table.
Food Runner Responsibilities
- Follow all instructions from expeditor
- Sort and organize incoming food tickets
- Ensure each food ticket item is communicated to correct chef
- Maintain orders according to each table and food ticket
- Ensure each order is prepared to the restaurant’s and guest’s specifications
- Garnish and prepare dishes for presentation as needed
- Promptly deliver each course as it is prepared to the correct table and in order
- Communicate clearly any additional orders or needs the guests may have to cook staff or expeditor
- Serve water to guests and refilling beverage glasses as needed
- Place and replace silverware as needed
- Deliver beverages from the bartender
- Answer guest questions or listen to their concerns
- Remove guests’ dirty dishes and utensils
- Deliver used dishes and utensils to the kitchen for cleaning
- Direct guests to restrooms or exits as needed
- Assist kitchen staff with preparing ingredients
- Ensure all Covid 19, Eco Sure, HD and HACCP standards are being strictly adhered to.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have experience in high traffic guest service establishments.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by guests.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Works well and efficiently under pressure
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
While performing the duties of this job it will require to:
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Must be able to tolerate noise and vibration and a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, working on scaffolding and high places.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 40 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding
Additional Job Requirements
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time in full uniform.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess a high level of high-quality standards & organization
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the service industry, policies and procedures to include sanitation.
- Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Micros and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Food Handler’s Certificate required by the County. TIPS training a plus.
We participate in E-Verify