OVERVIEW:The Westin Anaheim Resort’s Banquet Houseman Supervisor represents a multimillion dollar event operation overseeing an array of events from corporate to high complexity socials, and by this; the Supervisor is an extension of the banquet leadership and will have a magnetic and charismatic personality that encases the ultimate event experience ensuring all set ups, equipment inventory and special request for/from guests and serving them convention floor are perfect and as requested. The banquet housemen supervisor maintains a clean and organized work environment at all times.
- Lead a team of housemen and servers tending an event floor
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up of all buffets, room set ups, bars and public spaces on a daily basis.
- Able to supervise and manage the requisitioning and stocking of all event soft goods needs to include napkins, pens, pencils, candy etc based on projections from the daily functions sheet.
- Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes high levels of diplomacy and finesse when managing the floor.
- Attends monthly departmental meetings.
- Responsible for leading and encouraging sanitation in and around all areas.
- Read and understand all particulars of Banquet Event Orders, including start time and beverage requirements and designate responsibilities to banquet team
- After functions, ensure the removal of inventory to proper storage.
- Maintain a tight inventory control of all equipment
- Work effectively and efficiently with the banquet team and showcases a lead by example environment at all times.
- Expediently communicate any challenges, guest complaints or requests to the Director of Banquets.
- Observe all safety procedures during the execution of assigned duties.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards guests, co-workers and management
- Ensure all Covid 19, Eco Sure, HD and HACCP standards are being strictly adhered to.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- At least 2 years as a Banquet Captain on Hotels of 50k sq ft of space or more
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service
- Bartending and guest service experience in a banquet setting required
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
- Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to open boxes, pick up heavy equipment and transport it, scoop and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Ability to work standing and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Patience and customer-oriented approach.
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
- Prior experience with 4 Diamond rated hotel a plus
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Must be able to move tables and chairs throughout the shift.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 40 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods
- Heavy work – Occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50lbs of force.
- Light work - Frequently lift and move up to 10lbs.
- Required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
Additional Job Requirements
- Strong knowledge of food/wine/liquor
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Availability; Must be able and flexible to work as required by business demands most specifically nights and weekends and holidays
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess a valid Food Handler’s Card as required by the County
We participate in E-Verify