Responsible for all Guest Services functions and Westin Club staff. Areas of responsibility include Guest Services and Club Lounge Operations. Directs and works with managers and employees to successfully execute all Guest Services operations. Take and confirm reservations and cancellations, supply guests with information regarding property amenities, services, room features, transportation and local areas of interest and activities. Assists F&B with all aspects of Westin Club operational and service functions. Works to establish a safe and secure environment for all guests and associates. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize financial performance of the Westin Club.
Club Services Supervisor Responsibilities
- Supervise the day to day operations of Guest Services and Club Lounge.
- This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Establish and communicate performance criteria to all club concierge employees, and provide feedback to Director of Guest Services.
- Communicates with team members, both verbally and in writing, to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work, policies and procedures as instructed by Director of Guest Services.
- Monitors attendance to ensure comfortability, not to compromise guest experience or exceed club max. capacity.
- Is to ensure all club amenities are accounted for at the end of every shift, full inventory cleaned and stocked within Westin Anaheim Resort and Marriott BSA condition.
- Provides timely and real-time feedback to Director of Guest Services and Director of F&B on service and operational standards; including feedback on all levels of service and Westin Club operational details.
- Adhere and have a complete understanding of the Safety Rules and Regulations specific to Westin Club and property as a whole.
- Monitor and develop club concierge performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development and delivering recognition and reward as instructed by Director of Guest Services.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE DUTIES
- Must ensure continental breakfast set up is ready and complete by walking the buffets with stewarding team.(Uses Checklists)
- Check and report food levels at all times when attendants are not present by maintaining clear and effective communication with the kitchen and stewarding teams.
- Once Continental Breakfast is over Westin Club manager is to sign off on the lounge cleanliness by assisting the team.
- Uses Departmental checklists to ensure all day use components are in full working order and or filled to include:
- Coffee Machines Replenished
- Coffee & Tea accompaniments filled and well stocked and displayed
- Day Snacks filled and to Westin Standards
- Bottled waters well stocked and maintained throughout the day
- Ensure kitchen is aware of any upcoming VIP or opportunity guests before happy hour to ensure they are attended to their needs
- Use departmental checklist to prepare for Happy Hour
- Checks and touches bases with evening crew to ensure they are aware of any additional opportunities prior to happy hour
- During happy hour; uses checklists to ensure all F&B components are fulfilled and familiarizes with evening offerings
- It will be the responsibility of the Westin Club Manager to ensure the organization and filling of any items in the club pantry.
- Will keep a close eye on all seating areas and will open or close the overflow room as necessary
- The manager will communicate effectively and clearly on all items related to the club as guests experiences rise and communicate to F&B & FOH leadership.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Handles guest problems and complaints efficiently.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest and employee relations.
- May be asked to assist in preparing employees schedules according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements as instructed by Director of Guest Services.
- Responsible for ensuring all Westin Club attendees have been charged for additional guests and Club access upgrades.
- Implement suggestive upselling strategies that are contracted and approved vendor revenue generating activities, events and guest requested items that support Guest Services Department.
Managing and Conducting Departmental Activities
- Celebrate successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of the team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Supervises employee’s ability to employee’s ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
Major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with Director of Guest Services to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures, and set goals to continuously improve Westin Club performance. Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
- Assist the Director of Guest Services with all Westin Club obligations and duties in relation to onsite amenities, events activities, staff productivity and guest requests.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and at any time of day.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Ensure all inhouse group activities, locations and times set and communicate to staff.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all club, hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
- Verify brand required and service programs are in place and executed properly.
- Supply guests with accurate information about the property, its amenities, services, hours of operation, local area attraction and transportation.
- Ensure all onsite activities such as Run Concierge and guest calendar of events are available, scheduled and maintained.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in luxury guest service (4-5 Diamond, 4-5 Stars) highly preferred.
- Knowledge of effective office organizational practices.
- Ability to customize approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Ability to lead and participate as a member of a team to move the team forward.
- Strong team player and able to motivate a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with the handbook policies.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance which include WAR employee grooming standards.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the property management system.
- Count bank at the beginning and end of each shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications.
- Perform other duties as requested by property Director of Guest Services and other department heads.
- Uses basic computer hardware and hotel property software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Proven ability in leading and motivation of people.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED; 5 years of experience in the Guest Services, Front Desk, or related professional area.
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Experience in 4 Diamond Rated Hotel preferred
- Opening hotel experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising and leading an operations team to revenue goal achievement
- Must be able to walk/stand for long periods of time
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Great knowledge of chemicals
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- At all times will buss tables and clean as necessary to include the buffet lines
- At all times will ensure floors are cleaned and swept and calls housekeeping for larger cleaning opportunities
- Will assist the F&B team on any items that need serving or attention
- Additional duties will be assigned as needed by DOGS & DOFB
- Able to communicate effectively in English/Spanish preferred, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Valid Driver's License required
We participate in E-Verify