Posted September 23, 2020
As a bartender you are responsible to provide timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages for our guests.
What you will be doing
- Take beverage orders from guests and servers.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the Restaurant’s standard drink recipes.
- Learns the names and personally recognize our regulars.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the register system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable).
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Prepare garnishes for drinks and replenish snacks, appetizers for bar patrons.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Clear and reset tables in bar area.
- Present drink menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests seated at the bar.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to restaurant manager.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- General cleaning duties.
- Other restaurant tasks as required by management or leadership
The ideal candidate for this position
- One year bartending experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Alcoholic Beverages, Cocktail recipes, preparation methods, glassware, equipment and service.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local liquor laws.
- Knowledge of sanitation and safety laws.
- Exceptional guest service skills.
- Cash handling skills.
- Good sense of balance and able to lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and perform overhead work.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Effective and professional oral communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
We participate in E-Verify
Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
238 Room Hotel
AVENUE OF THE ARTS COSTA MESA, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO HOTEL
As a Tribute Portfolio hotel, we break beyond the typical hotel experience with eclectic arts-inspired design, inventive culinary creations and an ideal location in the Theater and Arts District close to fashion-hub South Coast Plaza. We celebrate the very best in human expression. And by doing so, create the perfect space to be the very best expression of yourself. Beyond captivating design, enjoy social scenes and sincere service dedicated to helping you make the most of every moment.