OVERVIEW: The Westin Anaheim Resort’s Banquet Captain represents a multimillion dollar event operation overseeing an array of events from corporate to high complexity socials, and by this; the Captain is an extension of the banquet leadership lobby bartender will have a magnetic and charismatic personality that encases the ultimate bar experience by preparing beverages with an organic mixologist approach for guests and serving them at the bar and/or through the wait staff. The lobby bartender maintains a clean and organized work environment.
Banquet Server Attendant Responsibilities
- Lead a team of servers and bartenders tending an event floor
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up of all buffets, room set ups, bars and public spaces on a daily basis.
- Able to supervise and manage the requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet.
- Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes high levels of diplomacy and finesse when managing the floor.
- Attends monthly departmental meetings.
- Locks up and stores all beverages, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops and secures bank.
- Must successfully complete T.I.P.S. Training.
- Responsible for leading and encouraging sanitation in and around all areas.
- Read and understand all particulars of Banquet Event Orders, including start time and beverage requirements and designate responsibilities to banquet team
- After functions, ensure the removal of inventory and all beverage equipment to proper storage.
- Work effectively and efficiently with the banquet team and showcases a lead by example environment at all times.
- Expediently communicate any challenges, guest complaints or requests to the Director of Banquets.
- Observe all safety procedures during the execution of assigned duties.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards guests, co-workers and management
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- At least 2 years as a Banquet Captain on Hotels of 50k sq ft of space or more
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service
- Bartending and guest service experience in a banquet setting required
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
- Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Ability to work standing and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
- Must be able to move tables and chairs throughout the shift.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 40 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods
Additional Job Requirements
- Strong knowledge of food/wine/liquor
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Availability; Must be able and flexible to work as required by business demands most specifically nights and weekends.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
We participate in E-Verify