Supervise and monitor Security Officers. Ensure efficient operation of security duties and tasks. Provide security for Hotel guests, employees and property. Conduct investigations and assist with guest and employee incidents while providing outstanding customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor Security Officer job tasks and ensure completion
- Complete Department schedules
- Complete/monitor payroll in absence of Director of Security
- Process purchase orders
- Conduct investigations on safety hazard reports, employee injuries, guest injuries, lost/stolen property, vandalism, vehicle damage reports, etc.
- Assist with implementation of Security policies and procedures
- Enforce Hotel policies and procedures
- Make executive decisions when Director of Security is not on property or available
- Maintain security computer files, ensuring organization
- Conduct normal Security office duties when necessary
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Insure to comply with all pandemic health criteria imposed by City, State and Federal mandates and ordinances.
- All other duties as required.
Must be able to work in a fast paced and customer service-orientated environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner; to work as part of a team as well as to complete assignments independently; to take instructions from Managers; to exercise problem solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, guests and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
Education & Physical Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience or 2 years Hotel Security experience.
- 1-year Security Supervisor Experience on a proprietary Security Team in a 4 Diamond hotel setting.
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- C.P.R. Certification & First Aid training recommended
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel and ADP for payroll/time management
- Ability to communicate clearly (verbal and written) in English with guests, co-workers, and management.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense when carrying out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to learn and use computer systems and software
- California State Guard Registration and valid Government ID
- Strong Investigative Skills.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in the interior and exterior of the hotel
- Must be able to sit, walk, bend and stoop throughout day
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Able to exert 10-25lbs frequently and 30-50lbs of force occasionally
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Guard Card required.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
We participate in E-Verify