Responsible for assigning work and ensuring the completion of daily tasks in Front Desk operations in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. Position directs and works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check-in and check out process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department
Front Office Supervisor Responsibilities
- This position has approximately 30 hourly indirect reports.
- Manage the day to day operations of Front Desk, Front Services, Service Express and Guest Services.
- This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire, process references including new hire paperwork to company standard, for all Front Office staff in compliance with state and federal laws and company policy.
- Set specific goals and objectives for all the employees in the Front Office.
- Establish and communicate performance criteria to all employees and reinforces specific performance goals with subordinate employees, and provide feedback.
- Appropriately disciplines and create performance improvement plans for employees, for any performance related issues.
- Maintain proper staffing levels for all operating departments according to hotels’ business levels.
- Review with managers and staff the schedules on a weekly basis to ensure business needs and budgeted levels are being met.
- Communicates with team members, both verbally and in writing, to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work, policies and procedures.
- Provides timely and real-time feedback to management and hourly associates on service and operational standards; including feedback on all levels of service and operational details.
- Adhere and have a complete understanding of the Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Plan, distribute, delegate and direct daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual work assignments.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Handles guest problems and complaints efficiently.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest and employee relations.
- Prepare employees schedules according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Implement suggestive upselling strategies for the guest services team.
Managing and Conducting Departmental Activities
- Celebrate successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of the team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Supervises employee’s ability to employee’s ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the peer review process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
Major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and at any time of day.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Ensure all inhouse group activities, locations and times set and communicate to staff.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, providing professional development and delivering recognition and reward.
- Verify brand required and service programs are in place and executed properly.
- Communicates with key departments (Housekeeping, engineering, Food & Beverage, reservations, Sales and event planning) to ensure luxury 4 Diamond guest experience from arrival to departure.
- Communicate closely with housekeeping and maintenance regarding discrepancies and ensure a luxury 4 diamond experience quality of Front Office.
- Respond to all guests’ requests, problems and concerns presented in person or through comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Work with Front Office on all shifts and prioritize their work assignments.
- Ensure Marriott Rewards account number is associated with frequent guest’s accounts and enroll those guests are not already members;
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in elevated guest service (4-5 Diamond, 4-5 Stars) highly preferred.
- Degree in Hotel Management preferred.
- Knowledge of effective office organizational practices.
- Ability to customize approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Ability to lead and participate as a member of a team to move the team forward.
- Strong team player and able to motivate a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with the handbook policies.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the property management system.
- Count bank at the beginning and end of each shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Proven ability in leading and motivation people.
- Understanding Financial Statements (P&L).
- Knowledge of Light Speed and GXP preferred.
- Understanding of Budgeting procedures for all Front of the House departments.
- Excellent knowledge of forecasting.
- Understanding purchasing and cost control procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED; 1 year of experience in the Guest Services, Front Desk, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited University in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality or Business Administration preferred.
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Experience in 4 Diamond Rated Hotel preferred
- Opening hotel experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising and leading an operations team to revenue goal achievement
- Must be able to walk/stand for long periods of time
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends & holidays.
- Great knowledge of chemicals
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Able to communicate effectively in English/Spanish preferred, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Valid Driver's License required
We participate in E-Verify