The Executive Steward, directs and supervises the stewarding department and reports directly to the Executive Chef. The Executive Steward is responsible for scheduling labor according to business demands and ordering all needed china, glass, silver and operating equipment for the F&B division of the hotel. The Exec. Steward also is responsible for quarterly china, glass, silver and equipment inventories in addition to replenishment in a timely fashion. The Exec Steward is responsible for the overall cleanliness and organization of the heart of the house areas and equipment.
- Directly manages approximately 18 hourly staff members.
- Responsible for supervision of employee performance and developmental coaching.
- This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire, process references and new hire paperwork to company standard for all Housekeeping staff in compliance with state and federal laws and company policy.
- Sets specific goals and objectives for all the employees supervised and ensure all are met.
- Establishes and communicates performance criteria to all employees.
- Establishes and reinforces specific performance goals with subordinate employees and provides timely feedback.
- Formally review and evaluate performance goals and objectives on a regular basis of all employees under supervision.
- When appropriate and needed, disciplining and creating performance improvement plans for employees, and when necessary terminating employees under your supervision for performance related issues.
- Maintain proper staffing levels for all operating departments.
- Schedules staff to business levels and within budget parameters.
- Reviews with managers indirect staff schedules on a weekly basis to ensure business needs and budgeted levels are being met.
- Communicate with team members both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing in details of work, policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Ensure all Covid 19, Eco Sure, HD and HACCP standards are being strictly adhered to.
- Inventory and maintains all china, glass, silver and operating equipment.
- Work closely with culinary and F&B staff and leaders to ensure all needed inventory is in place
- Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots and pans promptly and completely so cooks can carry out their work
- Ensure all food and beverage outlets have the requisite amounts of all items to properly open their shifts and that there are sufficient racks in which to place dirty dishes, silver, pots, and pans.
- Ensures spills and breakage are attended to immediately and proper safety procedures are followed.
- Responsible for the proper sanitation and cleanliness of all kitchens and food preparation areas, including ovens, grills, stoves, hoods, fryers, preparation slicers, steam kettles, tables, and floors.
- Oversees the overnight cleaning of all kitchens and F&B service areas.
- Understand and adhere to all Brand standards, vendors and policies/procedures
- Assist culinary and front of the house staff with needed equipment for all events.
- Communicate effectively as a leader and work as a team member with all hotel departments.
- Schedule labor according to business demands.
- Must oversee the cleaning and storage of all wares in the Restaurant, including all major equipment
- Must inspect the kitchens, workrooms, and equipment for cleanliness and general order.
- Responsible for directing the efficient and effective cleaning of all areas, inclusive of walls and floors
- Ensure the safety and security of employees and guests
- Knowledge of chemical usage, operating a dishwasher, and proper usage of a trash compactor
- Willingness to handle high pressure situations in an interruptive environment
- Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly
- Ability to manage appropriate steps to get projects completed; has strong abilities to organize people and processes; can create a plan for resourceful workflow
- Manage people and resources to get projects completed; has a strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Provide a safe and sanitary work environment for associates and guests at all times.
- Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possible for one (1) hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four (4) hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to move and function in limited spaces and move between areas of the resort in a timely basis.
- May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
Setting and Maintaining Goals for Culinary Operation, Function Areas and Overall Activities
- Manages hotel-wide controllable expenses pertaining to supplies, uniforms and equipment.
- Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for cleaning and receiving areas.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety & overall equipment maintenance.
- Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
- Knows and implements the brand's safety standards.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides and supports service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the custome rs on a daily basis.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in hospitality as Executive Steward or Similar in a full-service hotel with 500 + rooms & 40k+ event space.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work days, nights, weekend and holidays.
- Must possess a high level of high-quality standards & organization
- Complete knowledge and understanding of the hospitality industry, policies and procedures to include sanitation.
- Proficiency working with various computer programs including but not limited to Micros and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven record of organization, detail-oriented, and able to make productive and efficient decisions.
- Should have prior experience with 4 Diamond rated hotel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
We participate in E-Verify