JOB OVERVIEW: As a member of the property Human Resources support staff, he/she works with the Corporate Director Human Resources to carry out the daily activities of the Human Resource Office including oversight of recruitment, total compensation, training and development. Additionally, he/she focuses on delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of associates and enable business success; as well as ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures.
- Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resource team members with the appropriate skills, as needed.
- Finds new and exciting ways to recruit top talent.
- Establishes and maintains contact with external and internal recruitment sources.
- Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
- Networks with local organizations (e.g., Hotel Association and peers) to source candidates for current or future openings.
- Oversees/monitors candidate identification and selection process.
- Provides subject matter expertise to property managers regarding selection procedures.
- Partners with vendor partners to ensure effective advertisement efforts are being utilized for open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
- Performs quality control on candidate identification/selection/employee processing.
Administering and Educating Employee Benefits
- Works with the unemployment services provider to respond to unemployment claims; reviews provider reports for accuracy and corrects errors.
- Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented.
- Ensures compliance with all state/federal training guidelines for example Harassment Training, Sex Trafficking Training etc.
- Provides Benefit package on a timely basis to ensure associates are signed up on time for elected benefits.
- Must be a resource to our associates for benefits and be able to answer questions.
- Reviews and approves on property service training.
Managing Employee Development
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensures Human Resources staff is cross-trained to support successful daily office operations.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; supervise on-going training initiatives and conducts training, when appropriate.
- Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
- Ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team in training programs
- Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Trains associates as needed to brand standards.
Maintaining Employee Relations
- Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
- Manages associate relation programs to foster positive work environment and ensure a fair/consistent associate recognition.
- Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
- Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge associate problems or concerns in a timely manner
- Ensures associate issues are always referred to the Corporate Director of Human Resources for resolution.
- Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct associate accident investigations, as necessary.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
- Reviews write ups and follows disciplinary process in place. Ensures disciplinary measures are fair and consistent for all.
- Ensures associate files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for active files and for non active files are stored the required length of time.
- Ensures compliance with procedure for accessing, reviewing, and auditing associate files and ensure compliance with California Law.
- Ensures medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical red file.
- Facilitates reasonable belief testing and ensures post accident drug testing process is followed for Workers Compensation.
- Communicates property rules and regulations via department SOP and associate handbook.
- Assist with safety training of managers and hourly staff.
- Ensures all safety and security policies (e.g., property removal, lost and found items, blood borne pathogens, accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to associate on a regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin boards, etc.
- Conducts periodic claims reviews with Corporate Office and/or Regional Claims office to ensure claims are closed in a timely manner.
- Represents Human Resources at the property Safety Committee; helps to identify ways to create awareness of the importance of safety in the workplace and decrease accident frequency and severity.
- Manages Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate associate care.
- Works with Managers during the selection/non-selection and offer processes to ensure proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection).
EDUCATION & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business Management, or related major preferred.
- 2+ years in Hotel/Resort as a Human Resources Generalist or higher.
- Hotel industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel Skills.
- Have proficient training, coaching and counseling skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule when needed.
- Must be able to sit, walk and bend throughout day
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Must be able to type at least 40 WPM.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
We participate in E-Verify