JOB OVERVIEW: The Group Sales Coordinator provides administrative support to the Director of Sales and Marketing, Group and Leisure Sales Managers. They are responsible for facilitating various tasks such as site inspections, tradeshow preparation, lead management, scheduling and attendance records, preparing and assisting with proposals and contracts, contract turnovers and all supportive functions that contribute to the success of the sales team.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external guests with excellent written and oral skills. High level of grammatical accuracy and proficient in the English language.
- Acts as the primary Lead Catcher, assigns and records all leads as received to ensure we are in brand compliance at all times.
- Manages, assigns and records all inbound leads, asks qualifying questions to ensure proper assignment
- Prepare written correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participation in daily sales meeting, daily operations meeting, training and other sales related meetings as required.
- Work with other departments within hotel to provide excellent service to customers.
- Assists with new business development efforts.
- Organizes all site visits and tradeshows by preparing internal department and coordinating details as signed by Sales Managers.
- Manages and keeps inventory of all gifts
- Prepares purchase requests, expense reports, proposals, contracts, data entry, resumes, amenity requests, etc.
- Professionally represent the hotel in community, industry organizations and tradeshows when required.
- Participate as team player with all departments.
- Complete all required brand training in a timely manner and ensure compliance with all brand standards.
- Assist with reports and/or competition data collection.
- Completes all required training and has complete knowledge of brand, health and safety compliance and full product knowledge.
- Maintains department schedules and payroll
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 2 years in a hospitality role in a 400+room property with 25,000’+ of meeting space.
- AAA 4 Diamond Experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to type 50+ words per minute.
- Able to remain calm in a fast paced environment and maintains a high level accuracy at all times
- Understands the importance of confidentiality, attention to detail and timely follow-up when required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Some knowledge of the sales and hospitality principles and practices.
- Must be available weekends and weeknights as needed.
- Sales-oriented writing techniques and strategies for correspondence, i.e. letters, reports, proposals, and contracts.
- Appropriate and accurate grammar and punctuation in written communication.
- Ability to maximize impact, maintains interest, and establishes a rapport with your audience when conveying information.
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage time and resources.
- Understanding the positioning of the hotel, services provided, and how the hotel can meet the needs of clients.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- English is a must
- Brand experience a plus.
We participate in E-Verify