OVERVIEW: In addition to the functions of a corporate property systems manager, the Corporate Director of property Technology manages a revenue-generating function in multiple properties with a shared infrastructure. Works with subordinate, property management and corporate leadership to participate in the acquisition of technology services for guests through an understanding of the properties specific business/customer base (i.e., convention). Provides strategic leadership for IT Team for services surrounding initiatives and projects and coordinates with General Managers on systems/services to enhance services in a specific property. May have direct reports (property systems manager, property systems technicians) or direct work of on-site shared services staff
- This position has 2 direct reports. You will be responsible for supervision of employee performance and developmental coaching. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire, process references and new hire paperwork to company standard for all accounting staff in compliance with state and federal laws and company policy.
- This position sets specific goals and objectives for all the employees supervised. Establishes and communicates performance criteria to all employees. Establishes and reinforces specific performance goals with subordinate employees and provides timely feedback.
- Formally reviews and evaluates performance goals and objectives on a regular basis of all employees under your supervision.
- When appropriate and needed, disciplining and creating performance improvement plans for employees, and when necessary terminating employees under your supervision for performance related issues.
- Maintain proper staffing levels for all operating hotels and corporate office.
- Responsible for ensuring the department maintains budgeted productivity levels with all budgeted line items.
- Schedules direct report staff.
- Reviews with each Hotel staff schedules on a weekly basis to ensure business needs and budgeted levels are being met.
- Communicate with team members both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work, policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Provide timely, real-time feedback to management and hourly associates on service and operational standards; including feedback on even the smallest of service and operational details.
Managing Projects and Policies
- Functions as on-site project manager who plans and manages both new systems and system upgrades for multiple property site.
- Performs assessments of equipment and software needs ensuring compliance with budget, standards.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of property projects on schedule and according to specification.
- Prepares project plans and monitors on-site.
- Coordinates multiple-vendor projects.
- Verifies compliance to technology-related vendor contracts.
- Responsible for property compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual. Accountable to take action to address deficiencies. Determines solutions and implements per SOP.
- Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested.
Meeting Technology Needs
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technology/asset life-cycles. Verifies that necessary property is properly equipped in terms of PCs, hardware, servers, etc.
- Foresees, identifies and resolves system(s) performance problems.
- Certifies software applications for use at property.
- Creates and verifies implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans as they relate to technology.
- Verifies property’s technology assets are secure and maintained in accordance with Marriott International policies and standards.
- Possesses advanced knowledge in the areas of data communications, desktop support, and servers/networks. Uses knowledge to solve 2nd level support issues and train/develop junior staff.
- Verifies availability of current documentation for cabling, network systems, and applications exist.
- Reviews networks’ performance and performs design/re-design as needed to meet property needs.
- Verifies that periodic inventories of applications and hardware are conducted.
- Ensures all point of sales systems are PCI compliant.
- Responsible for annual PCI Compliance training of all applicable staff and keeps records
- Creates, coordinates, and presents IT Security Training for all Property Staff, including but not limited to Phishing, Email Scams, Spam, Etc
- Incident Reports
- Completes incident reports for any attempted IT security breaches and any applicable police report
- Reports all incidents to hotel executive team
- Maintains wi-fi is operational at a rate of at least 98% of the time (monthly) for both guests and meeting space
- Ensures all system errors that result in a loss of staff functions are responded to within 1 hour
- Ensures all system errors that result in a loss of guest wi-fi are responded to within 2 hours
Forecasting and Complying with Financial Parameters
- Analyzes, communicates and implements property strategy to drive technology revenue and contribute to property’s overall business success.
- Manages technology profit and loss. Responsible for monitoring and controlling all technology-impacted revenues and expenses generated by the property including, but not limited to: telecommunications, HSIA, business center technologies and A/V.
- Verifies that property management has realistically budgeted CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and property support/needs requirements.
- Advises and verifies that property management has adequately addressed technology needs in short- and long-term planning.
- Reviews vendor proposals and selects appropriate vendor for technologies/hardware.
Building Successful Relationships
- Communicates IT standards and best practices.
- Is expected to present proposals, analyses, projects, cost-models, etc. in a well- written and/or verbally articulate manner.
- Is viewed as a credible leader by subordinates, peers, and senior management.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
EDUCATION & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major preferred.
- 5+ years in the role of Director of IT at a large Hotel/Resort property consisting of 500 + rooms
- Experienced in network hardware, desktop, peripherals, protocols, communications, operating systems, Opera and Marriott internal applications (MARSHA, PMS, NGS, SFA, etc.)
- Operating knowledge of Smart Board Technology and Ruckus Wireles System
- Demonstrated skills in supervising and leading an IT Department
- Hotel industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Must be able to work days, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to sit, walk, bend and stoop throughout day
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
We participate in E-Verify