JOB OVERVIEW: Ability to lead and motivate the Guest Services Department which includes front desk, night audit, concierge & bell. In addition, supervise the front desk, reservations to ensure quality and guest satisfaction. Good through knowledge of Opera (PMS) or hotel reservation software. The Guest Service Manager is responsible for event set up and break down.
- This position has 6 direct reports and 10 indirect reports. You will be responsible for supervision of employee performance and developmental coaching. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- The nature of the position is managerial with special emphasis on managing guest service, direct reports and operation from the front of the house floor.
- You are required to spend at least 51% of your time on supervisory, managerial and recruitment and staffing duties.
- Must Maintain Certificate of Excellence Rating on TripAdvisor Above 4 Bubbles
- Must Maintain above 40 out 125 Hotels in Anaheim with a set goal to be in top 5.
- Must be Above 80% GSS and Comment’s Card Scores
- Oversee lobby and front drive/parking lot.
- Make sure every guest is greeted and offered luggage assistance.
- Responsible for hiring, coach & council, & terminations of the Guest Service Department Supervise the bell/parking attendants and concierge staff.
- Respond to guest inquiries and complaints according to company’s polices.
- Maintain highest levels of guest satisfaction in accordance with AAA 4-Diamond Standards.
- Ability to perform all duties of a Front Desk Agent, Night Audit, Concierge, Bell, & PBX Operator in their absence.
- Monitor Trace requests and VIP’s to ensure requests are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all hotel amenities are available and delivered to our guests.
- Interacts with guests, greets, welcomes them and assists with any questions.
- Must have general knowledge of the Anaheim/Orange County Area to facilitate any questions that may be asked.
- Ensure all parking lot operations meet company standard
- Review and monitor payroll daily for front office.
- Assists guests with any credit card disputes and credit backs.
- Call guest who stay 4+ days and doing follow up’s during their stay to exceed expectations and report deficiencies to GM.
- Ensure each team member takes their breaks on time to avoid break penalties.
- Cross train staff in various areas of the front office and perform regular interviews and ensure -compliance to all policies and procedures.
- Evaluate all guest service-related activities and prepare effective strategies to provide -exceptional guest services and report deficiencies to GM.
- Participate in all safety meetings and ensure compliance to all safety policies and procedures.
- Provide training to staff members on all safety and security procedures and report deficiencies to GM.
- Ensure compliance to all wage and state laws and report deficiencies to GM.
- Monitor all guest requests and complaints and ensure optimal levels of customer satisfaction at all times according to standards and quality and report deficiencies to GM.
- Respond to all Trip Advisor, GMS reviews, & other social media outlets as needed and report deficiencies to GM.
- Work with FOM with week to week schedules.
- Participate in weekend and daily manager on duty program send report to GM.
- Work with front office manager and housekeeping managers to ensure the highest quality of room cleanliness and report and deficiencies to GM.
- Work with front office manager and engineer manager ensuring rooms are up to highest overall quality and report and deficiencies to GM.
- Work with front office manager and sales department with VIPs’, Groups, FAM’s etc.
- Month to month inventory for Guest Services send to GM for approval.
- Inspect the hotel meetings rooms regularly and report and deficiencies to GM.
- Make sure employee incentives are submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure staffing is in line to make sure daily operation and events run smoothly and efficient to ensure optimal guest satisfaction and report and deficiencies to GM.
- Monitors PBX and the Guest Request Log to ensure that all guest challenges are resolved in a timely manner & guests are satisfied and report and deficiencies to GM.
- Responsible for issued bank. Open & Close Cash Drawer, count drawer, print out end of shift reports, & drop cash. Reconcile, audit, and report and variances.
- Responds to and resolve any guest issues or emergency situations for optimal guest satisfaction within the constraints of the hotels budget and report deficiencies to GM.
EDUCATIONAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years in Front Office Supervisory Role.
- 1+ years’ experience as an Assistant Front Office Manager preferred
- Brand experience.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising and leading an operations team to revenue goal achievement
- Hotel industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends Holidays, and split shifts.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sit, walk and bend throughout day.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Must be able to push, pull and carry up to 40 pounds on occasion.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
We participate in E-Verify
The Anaheim Hotel
306 Room Hotel
The Anaheim Hotel is a three-diamond hotel located across the street from the exciting Disneyland® Resort and near the Anaheim Convention Center.
On nine acres of landscaped gardens, The Anaheim Hotel offers 306 rooms, an Olympic-sized pool and Jacuzzi, 6,800 square feet of flexible meeting space with banquet capabilities, on-site restaurant The Pizza Press, and lobby bar. The Anaheim Hotel is dedicated to providing superior service in a welcoming environment with a variety of amenities for your convenience and enjoyment. It’s more than just location; it's a great value.
The hotel is rooted in its mid-century modern heritage with modern sensibilities. Stay in spacious rooms designed for both comfort and convenience, with crisp white bedding. All of our inviting rooms overlook the grounds, many of which have a patio or balcony. Our two story buildings are located on an expansive nine acres of landscaped gardens and walkways. Enjoy ample and easy parking all around the hotel. Soak up the Southern California sun and relax by our Olympic size outdoor heated pool and spa.
Hosting an event? Take advantage of over 6,800 square feet of flexible meeting space to make your meeting, conference, or event both convenient and successful. Whether you’re planning a small meeting or large conference, our on-site catering staff can create impressive event menus to refresh your guests.